Square Circle Forum

100 % wool (not superwash) dying with sugar-free Kool-Aid packages + white vinegar ?health?fading?

Hi dear knitting lady-friends,

have any of you done any of the above? And do you think there is a concern for health or fading?

Also, I find some online who say you need extra white vinegar to set the colors and others say one does not need to add the white vinegar?

Thank you already for your input! 

Monika (from Owensboro, KY)

Views: 52

Replies to This Discussion

Monika - I can't answer your questions, but I am moving it to the KAS Questions, Answers and Help Category where it will get more attention

Thanks, Anne! I thought I had put it into the right category, but I am still a novice at this.

An American KASer sent me some sachets of Kool-Aid to try and I had a lovely time, turning 100% white wool into beautiful subtle colours. I did mine in the microwave and it wasn't difficult but you do need to prepare and have a bit of time to yourself. There doesn't appear to be any need to use vinegar to set the colours and as it is a drink there shouldn't be any health issues. It's fun to do but it's expensive to buy in this country so I think it's unlikely I would be doing it again. I know Mary Lokken used it  http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/koolaid-dyed-mohair-baby?conte... - perhaps she could advise?

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The October 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service