Ronda and volunteers take a well deserved break while sorting the parcels that arrive every Thursday.  It is hard to believe that a small group of volunteers is able to open and catalogue all the wonderful items that arrive from around the world.

Received:  January         February              March

Tops:           434                 237                 159

Beanies:     1,297                442                 292 

Squares:   14,604              7,222               4861 

(417 blankets)   (206 blankets)    (136 blankets)

The postal strike is now over !  March numbers are low because of the strike but the next squares list will be back to normal. Please use the new form when sending your parcels.  Click here 

Because of the Postal Strike in South Africa, February numbers are lower than normal.  Click here for Postal strike information.

In January 2013, KAS surpassed the 500,000 mark for total number of squares received...in just over 4 years. 

This is a phenomenal achievement !

See attached files for January, February and MARCH Squares List

When Sending Your Parcel

1. Squares

-pack flat with tail neatly butterflied to square

-bundle into lots of 5 or 10, if possible

2. Inside the parcel

Click here 

for instructions on

how to make unpacking 

in South Africa easier.

3.Check the Postage  discussion before mailing

2013February.pdf

2013January.pdf

2013March.pdf

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have added the March Squares List [see attachments]

Now that the Postal Strike is over in South Africa we can once again send our parcels.  The South African winter is fast approaching and the children will need the warm blankets and hats.

If you send by sea mail, please continue to send that way.  There is time for your parcel to arrive before the cold weather begins.

We have a new form to help Ronda with recording the contents of the parcels. Please read the discussion and download the form to include in your parcel. Click here for the link.

• Here are the February numbers.  Sadly they are very low because of the Postal strike in South Africa. Hopefully the strike won't last too much longer !

Here is the more information concerning the strike.http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/postal-strike-in-south-...

• Can anyone tell me where the Square Lists from last year are now hibernating?  I can't find them on the knitasquare.com as I used to.

• Thanks Christine, I'm just coming on this morning.  I appreciate the time zone differences.  Everyone is chatting and I get to play catch up !

Also the Nov and Dec are here: http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/squares-list-for-novemb...

• Thank you, Christine and Linda,

knitasquare.com has had a facelift and I couldn't find the Square List tag.  Christine just taught me how to access the old page where I found the Square List tag.  And thank you, Linda, for being so up-to-date so soon for the January 2013 list.  Nothing better than knowing that parcels are arriving intact.   

• Up to October 2012 are here http://www.knit-a-square.com/squares.html

I think I come to the site a different way but if I'm on the forum and I click on KAS on the top bar they are the bottom item on the red list to the left.

• Hi Linda

I love the way you are presenting the monthly square list. Not only can members find the list quickly and easily, but there is a gentle reminder of what we need to do to ensure the parcel arrives with the minimum of fuss...and is processed as quickly as possible. Thank you for your time and effort.  :))

• Thanks for getting this up so quickly Linda, I only sent it to you this morning!

• Is this going to be posted on the KAS Website?

• Yes Jana, it will be posted.  I send the file to Erica and she adds it as I don't have access to the website.

This reply was deleted.