These eyes have seen so much sadness in their short lives.

The blankets will give them comfort as well as warmth.

Reminders when sending parcels to South Africa:

1. Squares                                                                                       

-pack flat        

-tails neatly butterflied to squares

-bundle in lots of 5 or 10, if possible

2. Inside the parcel:

Fill in and include the packing slip 

Found here

3. Check the Postage discussion before mailing. 

Mark ‘No Commercial Value’ and ‘For Charity Only’ plainly on the outside.  

Duty is paid on parcels missing this information.

One of the main reasons for the low December numbers was the need to vacate the KASOffice.  If you missed Ronda’s report, please read it here.

[The Squares Lists pdf is available in the bottom left corner.]

Received in :  

OCTOBER                                      NOVEMBER                            DECEMBER

Tops:             575                                  185                                          158

Beanies:        793                                  456                                          353

Squares:   11,308                                9,255                                       6,652

(323 blankets)                    (264 blankets)                    (192 blankets)

2013 October .pdf

2013November.pdf

2013 December.pdf

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The January Squares List is delayed.   

In South Africa there have been problems which mean the list will not be available until late next week.

• The error is entirely in my favour, and I realise it must be difficult to compile these lists - but I am seriously sure that I didn't send 81 squares in one parcel (see CJT Foster, UK, October)!  Eight I could believe... :-)

I am not succeeding in any of your postal recommendations, I am afraid: I am partially sighted and it is not practical to use your form - it is much harder than writing a list on the outside of the parcel, which I have always done before.  The other thing is that I can get 12 squares in one parcel if I roll them tightly, and only three or four if I try to send them flat: it doesn't really work in terms of packing in an A-four envelope - unless I am failing to understand how it should be done!

• Cherry, that must have been quite the surprise !  I too can't imagine you being able to pack 81 squares in an A4 envelope LOL   Thanks for pointing this out.  Opening days in South Africa can be quite hectic with thousands and thousands of squares to sort and bundle into blanket packs so mistakes do happen.

Sorry the packing slip isn't working for you.  I'll send you a private message and we can discuss this is more detail. 

• Thank you Linda I will give it a tick in my record book. :)

• Yay - thanks Linda.  its great to see our packages are now arriving monthly

• Sonja, it is nice to know that everything has sorted itself out :-)

• Here are the numbers for 2013 [January to December]

Tops:         4,217

Beanies:   10,205

Squares: 156,520

(4,472 blankets)

Thank you to everyone who knit/crochet/sent parcels to South Africa. The blankets/hats/tops are keeping cold children warm !

• Its great to see these totals Linda, thank you. Great number of tops and hats and 4,472 children being warmed by blankets! Wonderful :)

• I have a feeling that they didn't get to open all of the parcels this month since they had to divide KAS four ways and all. Plus the blanket number is down. I am still amazed they found time to open 6,000 squares with all of the chaos!

• Cherry, you are right !  They did an amazing job of uprooting and moving in such a short time.

This reply was deleted.