Square Circle Forum

As we look ahead to 2014, Ronda’s team and the Mod team have set some lofty goals…… so lofty in fact, that we are going to try to produce a stack of squares high enough to reach the top of Table Mountain in Capetown, South Africa!

See the discussion KAS REACHES GREAT HEIGHTS FOR CHILDREN  here 

As a result, Knit-a-Square is declaring 2014 as

THE YEAR OF THE SQUARE

The most important items that we distribute to our vulnerable children are the wonderful snuggly blankets made possible by the squares that you KASfolk make with such love and care. We are looking forward to a colourful, creative and productive 2014.

The following list of Challenge Themes are suggested only for inspiration and as an attempt to make our square-making even more fun as we stitch our way to the top of Table Mountain.

ALL squares are welcome anytime, and remember – PLAIN JANE squares are the backbone of KAS

2014 YEAR OF THE SQUARE CHALLENGES

JANUARY - WINTER DRIVE - Anne Powell (emphasis on long sleeved garments)

FEBRUARY - HEARTS - RED, WHITE & PINK - Laurie Fortier

MARCH - AROUND THE WORLD IN 30 DAYS! - Bev Jeffery

APRIL - COLOUR COLLISION - Elaine Jones

MAY - MELLOW YELLOW - Sunshine, flowers & all things yellow - Sue Gillman

JUNE - DAY OF THE AFRICAN CHILD - Robin Monsees

JULY - STRIPES, ZIG ZAGS & TEXTURES & MANDELA DAY THEME - Anne Powell

AUGUST - THE BEAUTY OF BLUES - Susan Haines

SEPTEMBER - VARIEGATED YARN - Bev Jeffery

OCTOBER – FAVOURITES favourite yarn, patterns etc - Mary Anne Fellows

NOVEMBER - BUGS, SLUGS & HUGS - Linda Maltby

2014 - DECEMBER - UN-CHALLENGE - time to relax, have fun, and get ready for the holidays - Susan Haines

Views: 537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Anne for posting this list, hopefully we have created a list of challenges that embraces everyone, be they artistic or prefer our beloved Plain Jane's.

Thanks Anne!Love the themes for next year, luckily I am going on a yarn buying trip next week so can take this list with me so I know what to get!

I am SUPER happy especially to see the Variegated yarns and Stripes/Textures theme returning.  I had lots more patterns and yarn in mind for both of these themes this year that I just didn't have time to try, so can do them next time, yay!

I am also glad I practised the crocheted heart this year, look forward to making lots of those for the February challenge!

Wendy, I love these themes too.  I think we got some excellent suggestions and it looks like a fun year ahead. I'm trying to focus on January right now, so I can get a few G-Os made ahead, but every now and then something in my stash catches my eye and I have to stop and make a square to tuck away for a future challenge. I'm especially looking forward to seeing what the gang comes up with for your "Around the World" theme in September.

I was looking over this, and what exactly is "bugs, slugs, and HUGS??" going to be? Lol, just seemed like a interesting combination!

Hmmm, just noticed there is no Christmas theme for next year. Any way it could be worked into one of the other challenges?

We try not to get too predictable each year Cherry, but anyone is welcome to incorporate Christmas into their designs at anytime!  It will be back for 2015!

Hi Cherry.  April, September, and October could all very well get Christmassy ... don't you think? xo

RSS

NEWS FLASH !

CROCHETERS !

CHECK OUT THE NEWEST PATTERN IN THE KAS PATTERN BOOK.

IT'S AN ADORABLE CROCHET FINGER PUPPET  CREATED BY ELAINE JONES. 

Click on the KAS Pattern book [see tab above] or follow the quick link HERE

Donations

Make a monthly donation:

Or make a one-time donation:

KasBlog

Read the latest KasBlog from Andrea :

BEHOLD THE EVOLUTION

Please click here

PATTERN REVISIONS !

A NOTE ABOUT OUR PATTERN REVISIONS AND WHY THEY ARE IMPORTANT

This photo shows some excellent vests with good body length and generous armholes.  We are recommending having armholes 1/3, side seam 2/3 of total body length. 

To read more go to : 

Pattern Revisions

SQUARE SHOP

Paper for a Crèche

paper

Give the children the chance to share their creativity by providing paper to draw and write with.

Click Here to buy paper.

RADIO INTERVIEW !

20th June 2014

LISTEN TO RONDA !

Ronda was interviewed live on Radio Veritas at 08h30 on 20th. Tune in to 576MW or DSTV channel 870

Direct Link

click on the sound symbol on the left side of moving grey line!

© 2014   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service