Square Circle Forum

Hosted By Heather Mensah

Welcome to the August theme!

"Bring Me Sunshine!"

I live in the UK, which is NOT renowned for its sunshine. As I prepare this discussion towards the end of July, however, it's been the hottest week of the year, with the temperature in York getting to 33*C - quite unheard of! One thing I do know, though - it won't last!

I'm preparing to travel to Toronto at the end of July and will be over the pond as this discussion launches. The sunshine there is pretty much guaranteed at this time of the year, thank goodness, and I'm packing my lightest clothes.

However, our friends in the southern hemisphere are in their winter and may not be seeing much of the sunshine at all.

By making cheerful, bright, sunshiny squares, we can bring some sunshine into a child's life.

Squares with a yellow and orange theme, therefore, are likely to dominate this month's discussion. However, don't forget the blue sky, from which the sun shines, and the many colours in the ever-varying sunsets and sunrises.

Here are some of KAS members' previous creations to inspire you and get your creative juices running:

And finally, don't forget that...

We have a photo album set up to display all your sunny photos together - it can be found here:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/august-2016-theme-bring...

(Please don't forget to add your photos to the main photos page as well as in this discussion, so that they can be easily transferred.)

Views: 3575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your blanket is lovely. Bernice.  :))

Here's my first sunny square - with a tropical sunset feel. 

Tropical sunshine...... I agree, a very pretty yarn :))

Having been away on holiday I missed the beginning of this months theme, but it looks as though a lot of you have been very busy creating some beautiful blankets and squares.  Well done everyone. :)

I could really go for a tropical sunset right about now......gorgeous yarn, Heather. A Canadian purchase?

Thought I had added the orange and yellow strip, obviously not, so here it is

Beautiful colours and so neatly knitted. :)

What a lovely, sunny strip, Diane! It will look so cheery in a blanket! 

Wow! Sooooo neatly knitted, Diane..........and what a ta-dah it will add to a blanket.  :))

Anne Powell and I were delighted to meet up earlier today in a  mall in Newmarket, Ontario. 

We chatted a lot but also kept up with our squares tally! Here are my latest "sunshine" squares,  three of which I made whilst with Anne. 

We enjoyed lunch of Canadian "poutine", along with lots of KAS chat. We first met up in 2014 when I was last over here, and it was so lovely to be able to meet up again. 

What a fun visit we had!  Heather is great at multi-tasking and a speed demon with a crochet hook.  Me - I just did a little of a chain stitch square. Heather, I finished it when I got home and now I will have to do two this evening, just to keep up with you.

Well done, Anne, but, as we said, your yarn and hook were finer than mine...

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY 2 BAGS OF FRUIT

CLICK HERE

SQUARES LIST

The September 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service