SQUARE HEART AWARD

MAY 2016

goes to:

Roz Goodwin

NOVEMBER THEME 2015: Oceans,Land, Sky and Space

Thank you Anneke for the square heart.

Roz is from Yorkshire in the UK and she joined us in July  2011. Roz is famous for selling off her belonging to raise funds for KAS !!! Just kidding, she gathered together things she felt she no longer needed. Roz you inspired me to do the same !! You reminded us that while we have a surplus, the children in SA do not have enough, and there is always a way to give. Roz attended the UK Big day out and knitted along with other KAS sisters for a great day. Here she is busy on the day.

Roz's blog states that in 2011 she sent 17 squares and then in 2013, 10 blankets worth of squares, 2 tops, mittens, scarves and a KAS cuddle. Roz's knitting is beautiful and any one of us would be proud to step out in her Kathy jumpers, or go-overs. Roz makes amazing cloth books and who could forget her adorable football boys, complete with numbers on the back of their jerseys. ! Enjoy the photos.

Kathy Platts jumper

SDC13279

SDC13280

Roz has made many more cloth books that you can look at by clicking on the link at the bottom.

Books for creches

Books for creches

Resplendent in underpants.

SDC13798

Dressed for the game.

SDC13814

Here is the link to more of Roz's work.

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/profile/rosamundgoodwin?xg_source=profiles_member List

Roz, thank you for inspiring us and for making the children of SA warm and beautiful !

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Roz for all you do for "our children" . You are an inspiration!! 

• Congratulations, Roz.  You are an inspiration to all of us. I agree with Karla - my favourites are your football players. In fact when you made them, you inspired me to try a Uthando doll - great fun, lots of work but a nice change from squares.

• Congratulations of this recognition. Your work is so full of love. Thank you.

• Congratulations Roz ! I love your work and so will the children. xoxo

• Congratulations, Roz. I love your work, but most of all your football players.

• Congratulations, Roz!  You're so worthy of receiving this award as your work is so inspiring and educational.  Love the footballer dolls!

• Oh, I think my reply dropped off with a glitch...( intermittent reception with our current weather). Love your work Roz. Congratulations on this months well deserved award
  • Well done Roz, Well deservwd:)

• Congratulations Roz - a very well-deserved award. It was lovely meeting you last year and I just remember how passionate you are about helping the gogos as well as the children. Your football players are adorable!

• I can never forget Karen that it is mostly the Gogo's who are caring for the children.  They need all the help they can get.  

Thanx everyone for the lovely comments, you are all lovely...xxxxxxx

This reply was deleted.