2016 MONTHLY SQUARES LISTS

FINAL UPDATE FOR 2016

The December 2016 Squares List is available

Please visit the website:

www.knit-a-square.com  

Click on 'Received Squares'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Reminder:

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE TAKE GREAT CARE IN FILLING OUT THE CUSTOMS SLIP.

Please declare '0'  as the parcel value.  Anything more incurs customs fees.

Before mailing any parcels, be sure to read the instructions in the

ZERO TOLERANCE - WE NEED YOUR HELP discussion at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/zero-tolerance-we-need-...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reminders when packing your parcels

1. Squares

-pack flat                                  -tail neatly butterflied                             -bundled in 5/10

2. Inside the parcel: Include the Packing Slip                                3.Check Postage before mailing  

GRAPHS

The number of squares, hats, handwarmers and toys

received in South Africa in 2016 [red line] compared to 2015 [blue line].

The focus for 2016 and for some time to come will be:

squares for blankets, hats, handwarmers and cuddly toys.

In the 2016 Graphs the Tops will not be recorded.

Handwarmers and toys were not added to the graphs in 2015 so only 2016  contributions can be shown.

Squares: 4.212 ( 120 blankets)

Hats: 167

Handwarmers: 191

Toys: 85

OVERALL TOTALS 2016:

177.306 Squares (equal to at about 5065 blankets), 8.312 Hats, 4.932 pairs of Handwarmers and  3.232 Toys were received!

DISTRIBUTION FIGURES 2016

In combination with blankets in stock in 2015 - ready for distribution in 2016-  and blankets made this year, 

RONDA AND THE TEAM MANAGED TO DISTRIBUTE 6.000 BLANKETS!

Last but not least, other "warmers" such as KAScuddles, T-sweaters, cardigans, and Heather's winterwarmers were received from loving and caring crafters around the world. As our S.A. team is no longer able to distribute these items, Ronda very kindly passes them along to third parties such as Outreach Foundation, Rape Crisis Centre in Beoni, Hotel Hope, and Baragwanath Hospital.

Thank you ALL so very much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow, blown away by the terrific number of blankets and other goodies that have been received and distributed this year, well done to Ronda and the KAS volunteers.  Kudos to all contributors too, every square counts.

2965382387?profile=original

• The December 2016 Squares List is available on  http://www.knit-a-square.com , Click on "Received Squares".

110 parcels were received and opened and the total contents were:

4.212 squares (equal to 120 blankets), 167 hats, 191 pairs of handwarmers, 85 toys and many other goodies (marked under column "Other" in the Squares list).

For the overall totals of 2016 please see the front page of this discussion.

If there are any typing errors in the squares list regarding your name, city/state or country, please let me know and I will change it accordingly. Anneke

• Impressive numbers . Thanks Anneke! Happy New Year!

• Thank you, Anneke, for the December list and the recap of the whole year's lists.  Congratulations to Ronda and the team in SA, the gogos, the volunteers and to all the crafters worldwide.  HAPPY NEW YEAR.  See you in 2017. 

• 2965386574?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

•                                                                <  OCTOBER NEWS  >

189 parcels were received and opened and the total contents were:

7.447 squares (equal to 212 blankets), 284 hats, 207 pairs of handwarmers, 261 toys and many other goodies (marked under column "Other" in the Squares list).

The figures are lower than September, maybe in November the Post Office in SA will be full of parcels, who knows :)

2965375421?profile=original

Because of the large volume of parcels, Ronda and the Team are unable to send personal notification of parcel arrival. Please check the Squares List. Thank you for your understanding.

Please also find here an important update on INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE - MAILING INSTRUCTIONS AND CURRENT RATES (2016)

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/postage-information

Thank you Anne for this important update.

Last but not least: If there are any typing errors in the squares list regarding your name, city/state or country, please let me know and I will change it accordingly. Anneke

• Great news, just spotted my 3 boxes of toys have arrived.  Another 2 boxes of toys should be on the list next month.  Relieved that they made it, my previous 3 boxes were not on the list (although I did forget packing slips).  Will look out for the sorted photos :)

• September News:  222 parcels were received and opened and the total contents were:

17.129 squares (equal to 489 blankets), 700 hats, 234 pairs of handwarmers, 299 toys and many other goodies (marked under column "Other" in the Squares list). 

The figures are lower than August, nonetheless quite a number of squares and very much needed other items!

A BIG THANK YOU to the Team in SA and all the crafting volunteers around the globe who make it possible to warm the children. A BIG THANK YOU to the Gogo's for joining the squares into beautiful blankets!

Because of the large volume of parcels, Ronda and the Team are unable to send personal notification of parcel arrival. Please check the Squares List. Thank you for your understanding.

If there are any typing errors in the squares list regarding your name, city/state or country, please let me know and I will change it accordingly. Anneke.

• Thanks for all the updated information Anneke.  I love the graphs.  Think I will work on some toys to help provide a complete parcel to the children.

• Thanks so much Amy. Thank you for informing the US Group. Toys are very welcome, when calculated well, I believe there are almost twice as much blankets as toys. But please bear in mind that I counted the number of squares and to get the right size, not each blanket necessarily consists of 35 squares, some blankets need more, others need less squares, so it is just a guess from my side. xo

This reply was deleted.