I am delighted  to host  again a KAS monthly theme.  There is something for everyone in this month's challenge,   so do  let your imagination run riot with a variety  of yarn, stitch, colour, pattern, texture, motif, and design  - not forgetting the need for plenty of Plain Jane squares. The choice is yours! 

Be inspired by the wonderful examples below that KAS members have already contributed this year towards making  squares, blankets, beanies. hand-warmers and toys  for the children.

And if you need something to get your feet tapping and your needles clicking, take a look at this You Tube video from the musical  "Anything Goes" - and sing along too!    

You will be helping  to bring colour, cheerfulness  and warmth

into the children's lives. 

REMEMBER - ANYTHING GOES!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1st of November and a beautiful crisp Autumn day here.  Sharon's final blanket reminded me of the season,  so I thought I would add some photographs of what it has been like in the Scottish Borders today  Autumn is my favourite month - is that something to do with having a September birthday?   Again thank you all for your comments on my hosting this month's  theme, - I am very touched by them.   Onto November and Pretty Pastels! 

2965374083?profile=original

2965374259?profile=original2965374245?profile=RESIZE_480x480

• 2930340169?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Susan, this has been a really fun and colorful month.   Thank You so much for hosting and encouraging us to try new things. 

I know I'm a little late, but I have one final blanket to add.    It is autumn here in the northern hemisphere, and the leaves are turning all shades of yellow, orange, and red, with a bit of green still in shrubs and conifers, so I'm calling this the Autumn Leaves blanket.

Thanks to everyone for so much warmth and beauty, and now on to November.

• Thank you for a wonderful final contribution for this month, Sharon. Winter might be on its way here, but your blanket  radiates warmth and colour.. 

• 3 squares to finish October.2930338413?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Linda - Sun, sea and sand come to mind with your lovely yellow and sky blue squares - so summer is coming, once we get through autumn, winter and spring!   

• Great squares, Linda....your spoke wheel square has to be one of my most fave patterns (to look at....lol). Your blue square is reminding me that it is 1.8C here atm, but gives me hope for blue skies with just a little white fluffy cloud or two, later.  :))

• Beautiful squares on the last day of October....yes it's still October 31 in Canada.  We are waiting for trick or treaters to arrive.  But if we don't have too many we will have 'treats' left over for us :-)

• October 2016 Theme - Anything goes........

Squares in pinks/blues/whites-cream. A power outage yesterday meant I could sit and knit all day. :)) As seems to have been my luck this month, I ran out of yarn in the bottom right square. :))

Thank you so much for hosting this month, Susan. It's been a lot of fun. Everyone has created so much warmth and love for 'our' children. I am just going to pop over to the PtR and buy you a cream tea (think that's what you guys call it), so that you can put your feet up and enjoy a cuppa....great job, well done!!!

• More wonderful variegated squares, Bev,  and thank you for your kind words.  October has been a hectic month for me one way and another, and a sit down with a cup of tea (plus chocolate as my first choice!)  sounds a very good idea. . 

• Wow Bev, where do you get all your beautiful variegated yarn from?? These are lovely squares....I thought the bottom right one was specially designed with the red corner. :)))
This reply was deleted.