Square Circle Forum

FINAL UPDATE FOR 2017

The December 2017 Squares List is available

Please visit the website:

www.knit-a-square.com  

Click on 'Received Squares'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Reminder:

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE TAKE GREAT CARE IN FILLING OUT THE CUSTOMS SLIP.

Please declare '0'  as the parcel value. If your postmaster insists on a value, please declare $1.00. Anything more incurs customs fees. Before mailing any parcels, be sure to read the instructions in the

ZERO TOLERANCE - WE NEED YOUR HELP discussion at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/zero-tolerance-we-need-...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Squares

-pack flat                                  -tail neatly butterflied                             -bundled in 5/10

2. Inside the parcel: Include the Packing Slip                                      3.Check Postage before mailing          

GRAPHS

The number of squares, hats, handwarmers and toys

received in South Africa in 2017 [Blue linecompared to 2016 [Red line].

The focus for 2017 and for some time to come will be:

squares for blankets, hats, handwarmers and cuddly toys.

In the 2017 Graphs the Tops and other goodies will not be recorded.

Squares: 8.748 (249 blankets)

Hats: 525

Handwarmers: 374

Toys: 342

OVERALL TOTALS 2017:

168.554 Squares (equal to at about 4815 blankets), 8.913 Hats, 4.980 pairs of handwarmers and  3.823 Toys were received!

DISTRIBUTION FIGURES 2017

In combination with blankets in stock in 2016 - ready for distribution in 2017-  and blankets made this year, 

RONDA AND THE TEAM MANAGED TO DISTRIBUTE  5.545 BLANKETS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because of the large volume of parcels, Ronda and the Team are unable to send personal notification of parcel arrival. Please check the Squares List.

Thank you for your understanding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Views: 2446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Diana,  I received information that 2 parcels arrived from you. Together containing: 39 squares, 1 hat, 41 handwarmers, 10 toys and other goodies. Hope this makes you happy? xo

The November 2017 Squares List is available on http://www.knit-a-square.com.

Click on "Received Squares".

241 parcels were received and opened and the total contents were:

10.735 squares (equal to 306 blankets), 670 hats, 541 pairs of handwarmers, 408 toys and many other goodies (marked with a "x" under column "Other" in the Squares list).

If there are any (typing) errors in the squares list regarding your name, city/state or country, please let me know and I will change it accordingly.

5545 Blankets were distributed this year! Please find here the link to the report "Note from Ronda":

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/kas-finances-urgent-app...

For ease of reference please find the November squares list here:

Attachments:

Thank so much Anneke for all your work through the year to update us all of the safe arrival of our parcels. Your work is greatly appreciated :))

Hello Anneke. I am a little puzzled about something, but I'm not sure if you can help. We have heard at least twice this year, once fairly recently, that there weren't enough toys to give every child a toy with their blanket, hat and hand warmers, yet there were 102 more toys received than blankets. Please don't worry Anneke if you don't have the answer, I don't want to give you extra work at this busy time of the year. Thanks again for all that you do.

Hello dear Christine, Thank you for your concern about extra work at this busy time of the year.

Please don't worry, I will be spoiled during Holiday Season because we will celebrate Christmas with family in a fancy cottage in the woods (tiny woods here, LOL) and no cooking for Christmas this year! We will have dinner in a nice restaurant nearby the cottage.

I very much like to answer your question. You are right about having heard that there weren't enough toys to give every child a toy with their blanket, hat and hand warmers.

In 2016, 6000 blankets were distributed and 3.232 toys were received, but maybe with toys in stock received in 2015, there were (almost) sufficient toys for distribution. It's just a guess from my side.

In 2017, 5.545 blankets were distributed and up till now, 3.481 toys were received. Maybe some more, counting hasn't always been easy this year a.o. because of the flood in the office. You are right, in November there are 102 more toys than blankets, but against the total of 5.545 blankets, the number of toys is still behind. Below are the figures for 2017 so far:

Hope to have been of help. xoxo

Dear Anneke, what a detailed response, thank you! My mind wasn't quite 'with it' today, thinking only of a monthly figure and not the total so far, I apologise for causing you the extra work.

The table you have produced if used alongside the monthly blanket totals would may be helpful for Amy in her January Toy theme to show members how much toys are needed. I don't know what Amy and the Mods would feel about that. It is only a thought.

Your Christmas plans sound wonderful, especially the cottage in the woods and of course, not having to cook! I hope you have a very happy Christmas xo

My pleasure any time Christine!  I totally agree with you to show the totals of 2017. In the Squares List 2017 Discussion, when the December Tally will be published, I will show the table containing the overall totals of all items: squares, hats, handwarmers and toys, like I did in December 2016.  Amy will appreciate it, she can use the figures in her January Toy Theme, but maybe it is wise and better to ask how the Mods feel about that idea.

No doubt, toys are desparately needed to comfort the children.

Thank you for your kind wishes and I wish you too a wonderful and a very Happy Christmas......and I have enjoyed reading your "stories" and fond memories in the KAS-Kristmas Discussion :) Hugs, xoxo......also for Jess xo

Hi Anneke

i am so happy 3 out of my 4 parcels have now arrived.  A March parcel is still missing, but will hopefully turn up soon.  The numbers for the toys should have been 55, but I am not concerned, I am just very happy to see the parcels arriving safely at last.

regards Sandra

Hi Sandra, I am happy for you too! I believe a mistake has been made in counting your toys, but I am sure they all have arrived safely. Thank you so much for so many toys for the children.

Woo hoo.. all my parcels have arrived at once.  122 toys will include r my large bag of Duduza Dolls, plus all the Teddy Bears. I see there was a big Australian list this time, so it appears the delay may be in the actual shipping departure from Aust. Maybe the ships leaving here have been infrequent, 

I am happy for you Susan. Indeed it could be the shipping departure why it took so long.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The DECEMBER 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service