Square Circle Forum

The October 2017 Squares List is available

Please visit the website:

www.knit-a-square.com  

Click on 'Received Squares'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Reminder:

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE TAKE GREAT CARE IN FILLING OUT THE CUSTOMS SLIP.

Please declare '0'  as the parcel value. If your postmaster insists on a value, please declare $1.00. Anything more incurs customs fees. Before mailing any parcels, be sure to read the instructions in the

ZERO TOLERANCE - WE NEED YOUR HELP discussion at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/zero-tolerance-we-need-...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Squares

-pack flat                                  -tail neatly butterflied                             -bundled in 5/10

2. Inside the parcel: Include the Packing Slip                                      3.Check Postage before mailing          

GRAPHS

The number of squares, hats, handwarmers and toys

received in South Africa in 2017 [Blue linecompared to 2016 [Red line].

The focus for 2017 and for some time to come will be:

squares for blankets, hats, handwarmers and cuddly toys.

In the 2017 Graphs the Tops and other goodies will not be recorded.

Squares: 15.898 (454 blankets)

Hats: 1.285

Handwarmers: 563

Toys: 379

Because of the large volume of parcels, Ronda and the Team are unable to send personal notification of parcel arrival. Please check the Squares List.

Thank you for your understanding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Views: 1966

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Anneke,
I see that my last five parcels are in the list, but the contents are not quite correct...only 26 squares are shown, and 137 hats. It should be 163 squares in total, and no hats! (Toys are correct). Can you please change it? Thank you!

Hi Linda,Thank you for your message.  I will change the numbers in my administration. The corrections will appear in the December Tally . Hope you agree on this?

That's great, thank you Anneke.

I am a bit concerned.  I sent a parcel in and 2 parcels in October however I can not see my name on the received squares list.   Have they been mislaid?

Hi Maggie, please see my answer to Susan Leverton, it will give you insight in the situation. Your parcels of October most likely will appear in the December or January Squares list. There are so many parcels to sort out, there is always an administrative backlog because there is only a very small team that is working on it. Sometimes I see my parcel appear on the Squares List 4 months later than sent. It seldom happens that parcels do not arrive. Hope to have been of help.

None of my parcels sent this year have shown up, nor those of my sister ( SNdra Jones), although a blanket and baby set from one parcel was featured on Sorting Day. There were ( amongst other things , lots of toys ( teddies and duduza dolls)

Thank you Susan.  I shall wait until next months list to see if I am on there.  I do hope Rhonda has got them. I sent apart from squares and handwarmers I also sent sewing needles, crochet hooks and yarn which they are in need of.

Hi Susan, I don't quite understand that your parcels have not shown on the Squares List, for 2017, January, March and August your and your Mom's parcels are recorded on the Squares Lists. Indeed I haven't  seen the name of your sister. Good that you have seen your items in "Sorted in SA".  In the beginning of the year there were lots of problems - with the flood - and a tremendous backlog a.o. because of that. Also in the Post Office it does work in another way than in other countries, the circumstances are difficult. Postal strikes,  a new CEO was appointed, this all takes time. Also the packing lists were unfortunately regarded as postal receipt notes by the new volunteers and they did not keep them for the KAS records. Naturally, all beyond their control.

The report that Leanne Hunt wrote in her blog "That Warm Fuzzy Feeling" mentions how it works at the Post Office, it is very interesting and gives us insight in the situation.  Here is a part of it, you can read the whole report here, on page 14, dated October 18: http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/that-warm-fuzzy-feeling...

I quote:  

end of quote.

Hope to have been of help.

Hi Anneke. I have no idea how I missed the Aug list( 2 parcels). The Jan parcel is from last year. Still a couple missing, but I'm now pretty sure there is a back log with the Post Office, as a parcel I sent to Camille at LITTLE LIBRARIES 6 months ago has just been delivered,, and also one to JBAY RECYCLING PROJECT. ( they were posted at the same time). Sorry for any stress. Sending off a big parcel of teddy bears next week. Kind regards Sue

Hi Sue, I am glad you saw your parcels and that I have been of help for you. Kind regards, Anneke. 

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The October 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service