I hvae a box (standard shoe box sixe) into which I drop all the ends of yarn as a ball finishes. When it fills up, I knit it all into squares. The box is overflowing at the moment!

Can you guess how many 8" squares I will be able to make from this lot?

The yarn is a mixture of thicknesses but is mostly double-knit (worsted?)

To the person who guesses correctly (or is the nearest), I will send a copy of our gospel choir's newly released CD (yes - even if you live in Australia!)

Go on - have a guess!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i will go for 15 squares. maybe more.

• Sorry ladies, this competition finished with two winners guessing correctly - I was hopelessly wrong!  See page 2.

SORRY NOW CLOSED !  [but fun whilst it lasted!!!]

• I think 24 if you are just use the wool in the box, but if you put a edge round like I do it could make more like 29.

• I'll pitch in with 15.

• Well done ladies for guessing the result, and, thank you Heather for some fun leading into the festivities.  Plus we now have more snazzy squares to make blankets with!

• 2965019157?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

*******************WE HAVE TWO WINNERS!******************************

Well done to Anne Powell and Sue Gillman for correctly guessing 12 squares!

Please inbox me your mailing address and I'll get your prizes posted off to you straight after Christmas.

Thanks to all who took an interest! x x x

• I can't believe it - I NEVER win contests!!  Thank you Heather - I am so looking forward to hearing your choir!  Of course - the real winners are "our kids" - your shoebox of scraps made such pretty squares..... I think that sometimes 'scrappy squares' are the best of all.

Thanks, too, for adding a bit of whimsy to the forum.  the contest was great fun.

• Congratulations Anne and Sue!!!!

Thanks Heather for a fun competition.  :))

• Heather I didn't see that Anne had guessed 12 before me so she's up for the prize. Well done they are gorgeous squares and it has been loads of fun with the guessing !

Happy Christmas Day for tomorrow all those on the bottom of the world. We have the tail end of Cyclone Evan for tomorrow !

• Sue, I did say that it was ok to guess the same number as another person so you are BOTH winners. Please do message me your address!
This reply was deleted.