Square Circle Forum

A guessing competition for you! (NOW COMPLETED - ANSWER 12!)

I hvae a box (standard shoe box sixe) into which I drop all the ends of yarn as a ball finishes. When it fills up, I knit it all into squares. The box is overflowing at the moment!

Can you guess how many 8" squares I will be able to make from this lot?

The yarn is a mixture of thicknesses but is mostly double-knit (worsted?)

To the person who guesses correctly (or is the nearest), I will send a copy of our gospel choir's newly released CD (yes - even if you live in Australia!)

Go on - have a guess!

Views: 455

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I can't believe it - I NEVER win contests!!  Thank you Heather - I am so looking forward to hearing your choir!  Of course - the real winners are "our kids" - your shoebox of scraps made such pretty squares..... I think that sometimes 'scrappy squares' are the best of all.

Thanks, too, for adding a bit of whimsy to the forum.  the contest was great fun.

Well done ladies for guessing the result, and, thank you Heather for some fun leading into the festivities.  Plus we now have more snazzy squares to make blankets with!

I'll pitch in with 15.

I think 24 if you are just use the wool in the box, but if you put a edge round like I do it could make more like 29.

Sorry ladies, this competition finished with two winners guessing correctly - I was hopelessly wrong!  See page 2.

SORRY NOW CLOSED !  [but fun whilst it lasted!!!]

i will go for 15 squares. maybe more.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The October 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service