Square Circle Forum

A Little Bit of Fun, A Few Good Giggles, and A Whole Lot of Happy Christmas Wishes!

Views: 2086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

POINSETTIA HELP PLEASE!!!

My darling hubby bought me this gorgeous plant and presented it to me a few days before Christmas.  I'm not sure why he did this, though.  Was it because he knows how much I love these plants?  Was it because it added just the right Christmas touch to my table?  Was it because he knew I would absolutely LOVE it?  Or was it because he enjoys watching me frown and scratch my head every time I clean up a pile of it's wilted and dropped leaves, and eventually watch it die????  hahaha

Can anyone help me?  I can never keep a poinsettia much longer than the end of January.  Once I nursed one along until almost March, but that was very unusual.  Is this normal?  Is this a plant that dies every year after the Christmas celebrations?  I keep the soil slightly moist (I've over-watered them in the past).  I never let it dry out (I tried that too and it didn't work).  Already this beauty has left me gifts below the pot, and spread profusely on top of the soil.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/poinsettia/poins...

Dear Glo, the most important thing is that you have to avoid letting the plant sit in water-filled saucers, which can lead to root rot.

Have a wonderful time, Hugs Anneke

Thank you so much for this, Anneke!  I have removed the pretty red foil from around the plant pot so the water will drain.  I have also placed a trivet in the saucer to place the plant on so it won't sit in water.  I have printed off the 'instructions' you guided me to so that hopefully I will be able to enjoy my poinsettia for quite a while :)) xo

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE DIRECTLY to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Image result for please images

Please go directly to the Donate page HERE as the Subscribe button below is experiencing difficulties !

[To view other options, Click on Option 1]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $17484.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

KAS MERCHANDISE

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The April 2017 Squares List is available.

Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service