Square Circle Forum

JINGLE BELLS

Squares are made and  sent to KAS from all over the world. When they arrive, they must be sorted, packed into bundles of 35. Then they are given to the Gogo groups and KAS volunteers to be made into beautiful blankets. They are returned to the KAS workshop and finally travel in the KASmobile to be distributed to the children who need them.

This is why we are jingling our bells early in the year. We want our Christmas blankets to be ready in plenty of time for Christmas

Give free rein to your creative talents. You can make PJ’s, striped or appliqued squares.

Hang the decorations

Trim the tree!Father Christmas and his elves,

Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer,

polar bears

and penguins, they can all come to the Christmas party. There’s room for everyone.

Make this Christmas the best yet for KAS’s 10th anniversary.

AND of course all toys are welcome to share the fun.

The PoM this month is the Alphabet crochet square.

Instructions and graphs can  be found in the KAS pattern book. 

Here is an "N" for NOEL to start you off.

Views: 4772

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh goodness. Thank you Valerie. This is such a beautifully designed piece. Even the blanket on the camel is squares of color. I really appreciate the brown faces.  

Adding for Jude Sullivan.

Christmas in April

Rudolph and Prancer ready for the night shift!

Christmas in April

2 doves wishing for World Peace xxx

Jude, your work is absolutely stunning!  Bright squares, gorgeous embelishments, beautiful sentiment, and love in each stitch.  We ... and the children ... are so fortunate to have you on our team :)))  xo

I can only echo Gloria's words.  

Jude, I love these squares. As many of you may have guessed C2C is my favourite stitch and here it's enhanced with the addition of reindeer and doves. They are going to look stunning in the blankets. I'm going to try to make lots more PJ's so that there will be enough background squares to encompass the decorated squares.

Remember everyone, PJ's are needed to give the decorated squares a good setting.

April 2018 Theme - Christmas in April

Two Christmas trees. One felt applique with silver decorations, one satin with gold decorations.

Bev, these are sooooo pretty!  So festive, so bright, and so beautifully made :))) xo

So beautiful, Bev. Very cheerful.

Wonderful squares with soft, satin appliques.   Bev, the children will love these.   I can almost feel the satin myself.

Some Plain Janes in sparkly red yarn, and one small entrelac square.   The too-short visit I was privileged to have with Amy last year allowed her to teach me the crochet entrelac technique.  Thanks, Amy!

Three beaut squares, Sharon......sparkly yarn is rarely found over here...at least not by me....lol.

LOVE your entrelac square....it's so effective in red and white.

I love to read of KAS get togethers and/or sharing of knowledge/skills. It gives a warm fuzzy feeling and a real sense of 'community'.  :))

These are lovely, Sharon. The entrelac is stunning. It gives it a waffle effect..

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for June figures click :

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The JULY  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Aug 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service