Square Circle Forum

APRIL THEME : EAT A RAINBOW

With special attention to fruit and veggies.

Just imagine all the fruit and vegetables in rainbow colours

The luscious red of ripe juicy tomatoes or sweet strawberries.

The orange tangerines and manderines and carrots

The yellow of lemons , bananas

The green of apples and pears and cucumbers

The pale blue of blue pumpkins ( yes, they really do exist )

The darkblue of blueberries

and finally the deep violet of grapes and figs and egg plant

Some people say that there really aren't any true blue fruit or vegetables, but the sky that watches over our gardens is blue .

Use the colour wheel, your imagination or whatever source you please to create a riot of colourful squares.

There are not so many patterns with fruit and vegetables outside the apple, orange and lemon slice appliqués. Here are a few ideas to provide inspiration.

Red apple square

bunch of grapes                                  

cherries

carrot

Enjoy yourselves, be colourful and remember you have the rainbow, the fruit, and the veggies, but there also all the flowers that surround the vegetable plot to keep the insects away. In fact any colour is welcome as long as it’s brightand cheerful.

Please remember that you can help provide fruit and a nutritious snack for the children by visiting the KASstore.

Don’t forget the PJ’s !

and the pattern of the month which is the mitre square. The pattern can be found in the KAS Pattern Book on theSquare Circle Forum.

Please don't forget to post photos of your mouthwatering squares here, so that they can be added to the album for the month.

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/april-theme-2017

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/april-theme-2017-album-2

Views: 4978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Karla, these are a perfect addition to our fruit salad :)  Grapes, a strawberry, and cherries ... YUM!  Very well done! xo

Thank you Gloria. But originally I wanted to knit plums in the first Picture /but I didn´t have a pattern.../

Our fruit salad is getting juicier by the minute. These are beautiful, Karla.

Beautiful, juicy squares, Karla.    They will really stand out in a blanket.

Great fruity squares, Karla.  :))

Valerie said the word Rainbow, so I thought a rainbow square was a good idea.... in Tunisian Simple Stitch, and mitre square.

Sharon, I am grinning from ear to ear.  You are a very talented lady and your squares ... all of them! ... are always a treat.  But your TC is really winning my heart :)))  I love this rainbow square and won't it be a stunner as those beautiful colors sit beaming in a child's blanket! xo

I fully agree with Gloria! It´s superb!

Lovely rainbow, Sharon. The colours are so vibrant.

A super rainbow square, Sharon. I love how the colours radiate out from the corner.  As Valerie has said, so vibrant.  :))

More contributions from Earlston Wednesday Club Knitters - with pastel squares and an impressive 16 pairs of handwarmers, knitted by Alice. 

photo

Susan, what wonderful gifts from your EWC!!!  Such lovely squares in beautiful fruity colors :))  And 16 pair of handwarmers ... WOW!  Thank you, Alice!  xo

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE  to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

KAS CARDS

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The July 2017 Squares List is delayed. Our sincere apologies.

For the June 2017 Squares List please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service