This month the Square Heart Award goes to Rachel A. (USA)

Rachel is the extraordinary woman behind this beautiful purple heart.

Rachel has been an active member of KAS since 2009.

Rachel combined her alphabet and heart squares to make the South African flag. You can find her instructions for this amazing design here.

Rachel is a crochet artist! She also had the brilliant idea to secure the butterfly ends with a plastic needle. It is quicker than sewing and provides a needle with each square!

Rachel is not only dedicated to KAS. She is a military wife and mother of five beautiful children. Rachel doesn't want her children to simply learn by her example. She wants them to do their part so she has taught them to knit and crochet.

Here two of her boys proudly show off their first squares!

This is her seven year old daughter's first hat!

Finally, the August Pattern of the month is the KASCuddle. Rachel is a star at making them beautiful, thick and warm, and what a wonderful model?

Thank you so much Rachel for sharing your generous heart and hands with Knit-a-Square!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Rachel, A little bit very belated congratulations with this well deserved award! The Puffed Heart Square was on my to do list, well, it was fun to make one. thank you so much  for uploading the patterns of the alphabet squares :)  xoxo

• Congratulations, Rachel!  You are indeed  KASstar. I have one of your Puffed Heart Squares "on the hook" for the current challenge.

• I always love to hear that someone's using my pattern =)!!

• It's done - and it was easier to make than it is to photograph - all the lovely puffs just disappear with my camera.....  will try to get my grandaughter to take a photo with her super-camera.

• Congratulations Rachel!  Your beautiful work matches your beautiful heart!

• Congratulations, Rachel!

• Congratulations, Rachel!!

• Oh my goodness, ladies! My husband's job just moved us across the country again, and we are in the middle of unpacking, so I missed this. What a lovely surprise =)!

I LOOOOOVE crocheting for KAS; it keeps me sane =). I've been grateful for the opportunity to show my children how lucky they are and give them a way to help others. It's wonderful to be able to do something to make a difference in the world!

• So glad that the move is over. I hope this adds a little balm to the craziness of unpacking. This is recognition filled with love for you, Rachel!

• We are mightily relieved that you have finally spotted this well deserved tribute Rachel - but, understand perfectly - with the upheaval of house moving !

This reply was deleted.