Square Circle Forum

A bumpy start to the new year but the pictures have arrived now - dozens of them.

Views: 19988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I recognized your blue beauty, as well, Sharon. Congrats!!

So many beauties in this batch, but I love 22 and 30,  but 16 stands out for me, it's stunning! Well done Sharon :)))

No. 30 is so unusual. Such a clever combination of yarns and colours.

Thanks Christine!! So many beautiful and warm blankets ready for the children. Love the abundant of colors, hearts, flowers, stripes, grannies... !! 

Thanks, Sharon!  I did think 16 might be yours but didn't want to just presume ;)))  Absolutely stunnung :)

Chris, I have a slight suspicion that it's the greens that pull you toward 22 and 30 ...besides the fact that they're both gorgeous, that is ... hahaha ... xo

Lovely collection. I really liked 14, 15 and 16.

In the last batch I posted I really liked some of the squares in No 24. I thought they were probably houndstooth pattern and looking on youtube I found a pattern that looked right and watched the video. It seemed straightforward enough (mistake number 1) but I thought that it looked so solid that it could stand up on its own so I thought I'd used a thinner yarn. Mistake number 2!  I had a go, and another one, and another one - and so on.  I wondered if carrying the yarn could be the problem so perhaps I could do a sort of crochet equivalent of the swing-needle technique but no, that didn't work. I have spent hours trying to make even a few rows and I can't do it. I feel as lost as I did in early 2010 when I first tried to get to grips with crochet. I have now decided that enough is enough and I'm having a go at a knitted version. Whoever made the squares, you have my absolute admiration!

I wonder if it a spike stitch pattern in two colours, Christine.

I did wonder that Marion and then I thought it was probably houndstooth which I found here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYPA0mpPdY

It makes no difference what it's called - I can't do it!

The rest of the 31st October pictures of blankets joined by gogos. There are a few more photos to come of some that Estelle joined and one or two other people's work:

Wonderful swathes of colour to brighten up this dull and miserable day. Thanks Christine :)

WOW!! Lots of lovely colour.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The October 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service