Square Circle Forum

A bumpy start to the new year but the pictures have arrived now - dozens of them.

Views: 36172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heartily agree with Jeanne and Gloria ... but also must add that the work of knitting or crocheting is very soothing when the "outside" news gets really bad, so that I can get back to a calm and kind state of mind.   It truly is a life-saver.  

It's my lifesaver too, Sharon. I used to cross stitch or crochet when I needed to forget about a stressful day at work.  can no longer cross stitch as my eyes won't co-operate, but crochet is still my favourite method of relaxatioN;

Totally agree with you all. Knitting is my stress reliever......stay out of my way if I don't find time to knit for a few days.....lol.

Wow Sharon, your beautiful blankets got there very quickly. My parcels seem to be on a round the world trip, sometimes.  :))

A HUGE thank you to Barbara for having the patience to create blankets from unique size/shaped squares. You are a gem.  :))

Recent blankets :

Some absolute beauties in this batch........ the first blanket is a stunner, just like a church window, the rabbit, lion and paw prints jumped out at me, also, some beautiful granny blankets and a stunning c2c blanket....... what a gorgeous collection! I was happy to see Wandi holding up a blue and green variegated blanket that I sent in December too :))

Lovely! Again really liking the Granny Square blankets, but all are amazing!

Yes, there's a majority of Granny Square blankets here, what eye poppers!  And lovely small gaps between the stitches so they hold in insulating air not let it whistle through (like when I try making granny squares, haha).  I particularly love the Lion and Bunny knitted blankets but I see some with knitting and crochet in them, side by side and some Tunisian stitched squares as well.

Bravo everyone!

More lovely blankets, it's hard to choose a favourite . I see my lion and pawprint set. Love the colours they have been put with. 

Such beauty. So many colours and patterns. I love the lion with the paw prints and the bunny.  I loved your blanket too, Chris. 

What an amazing 10 minutes scrolling through the last 4 pages and catching up with the amazing blankets that are picured here!

Just gorgeous!! I remember your beautiful blanket, Chris and your rabbit centrepiece square, Karla....

More blankets ready :

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for June figures click :

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The MAY  2018 Squares List is available.

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Jul 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service