Square Circle Forum

A bumpy start to the new year but the pictures have arrived now - dozens of them.

Views: 36172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love the stripey one at the end, so eye catching!

Totally agree, Wendy......may have to keep that one in mind for a future project.  :))

I am thinking the first blanket in this collection maybe Amy's. I recognize that vehicle in it.

Thanks for recognizing the car Bev.  Estelle put the blanket together with other red, white and black squares they had in the KAS barn.  I too, try to send picture squares separately so they can be incorporated with other squares.  Maybe I will see the other 3.

Thanks Amy. We try  to separate the picture squares which means we need collect suitable squares to compliment the main square. Sometimes this takes weeks to collect them. Amy watch this space for for your other vehicle squares. It wasn’t easy for me to share them... I would have loved to join all of them.

Marion that’s why you had to wait awhile to see UNDER THE SEA. Thank you for such an amazing centre panel. 

A very big  THANK YOU to all the contributors who knitt and crochet the PJS we can’t do without them. 

Thank YOU and all the team and the gogo groups who sort and sew them together, Estelle. I fully appreciate the wonderful job of 'mix and match' you all do, with the limited time and the huge amount of squares each week.  xo

Thank You, Estelle, you do such a wonderful job of putting these blankets together. I notice the sunset squares with the mandala that were sent with the other picture squares in that parcel. It really is lovely to see so many of them in these blankets.

What a beautiful collection. I love them all.

WOW!   What a terrific collection of blankets.

Love Amy's car in the color coordinated blanket.    Great work by both Amy and Estelle.

Also love the elephants in their special blanket.   Not sure who made that special square, but kudos to you, whoever you are.   And to whoever put it together ... Estelle, again???

I can't imagine how difficult it must be to sort through all the squares that arrive and collect those that work so well together.    I do especially like the blankets that highlight one special square, but understand the enormity of that task.  

One of my friends joined the elephant one Sharon. 

Thanks Pam. Some great colour co ordinating of squares. Also nice to see the picture squares being shared to highlight a blanket.  often we see blankets that have numerous picture squares, and whilst they look lovely, I think it a shame that other blankets miss out.  

Totally agree, Sue........especially as, if I am making picture squares, I usually don't make any/enough pj squares to go with them. Then of course I bundle them in 10's or 5's to go to SA and they don't always get split into lots of different  blankets.

I'm glad to hear that other members lament the fact that some blankets have TOO many unique squares and others - none.  Above we have some very good examples of how to incorporate unique squares and have some outstanding blankets.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for June figures click :

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The MAY  2018 Squares List is available.

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Jul 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service