Square Circle Forum

A bumpy start to the new year but the pictures have arrived now - dozens of them.

Views: 36172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to agree with you and the others, Mili.  It takes so much longer to make a picture square that it is nice to see them shared among many blankets/children.

I agree with you Susanne that it's wonderful to see special squares used one per blanket to highlight them and to fancy up the blanket as well.  These are lovely and the pair of elephants are so cute.

I agree with all you dear ladies.  I love the look of one picture square surrounded by PJs.  One or two per blanket is sufficient, and the proof is in the viewing above :)  That way, each child stands a chance of receiving one in their blanket.

I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for the volunteers who are struggling to match squares - color, weight, technique, size - to make the beautiful blankets that they do.  Without sufficient PJs, it must be nearly impossible.  Perhaps we should put an extra push on to shower them with PJs each month.  Just imagine the beauty they could create with our lovely picture squares combined with our PJs.

A couple of years ago we had a theme that concentrated solely on PJs - single color squares.  Perhaps we should think about doing that again next year??

Estelle, you and the volunteers never cease to amaze me with the wonders you will create from squares received from all over the world.  You are all very talented at sorting, matching, and stitching and we can't thank you enough for your patience, your hard work, and the warmth and beauty you pull together for the children.  (((Hugs))) to all of you ... xo

Good idea, but I hope there are plenty of people who enjoy making PJs more than I do!

Haha I make PJs to make everyone else's individual crafted masterpieces look extra special! Having embellished 120 PJs as 'Bears on Squares' plus 20 hands with hearts on squares I am going to try something more challenging! Lol! I will craft something blue for Glo's theme probably a PJ! ! maybe in TC what a surprise that would be or perhaps a shock! XXXX

Aw, Jude, a Tunisian square in Blue for Gloria would be a wonderful surprise.   Go For It!

Sharon you and Patricia have inspired me, I am sure Joan and Louise are laughing already!

watch this space ladies but it may take a while! Xxx to you all

Thank you Bev and Gloria. I love Tuesdays just to go to The Barn and have coffee and muffins,a busy morning, a lot of chatting  and what we love most... opening the post. Luckily we all have different tastes in sewing up our blankets. 

Ann loves to sort anything to do with babies. She takes a lot of the pastel squares.

Athelé loves knitted squares and I don’t mind mixing crocheted and knitted as long as they “go together “ and are the same size. However I did size 17 of the squares that went into Amy’s blanket. I didn’t mind  doing this as I only wanted to use black, red cream and white. 

Amy the only reason I’m not making all 4 of your blankets is because I’d feel so selfish not sharing  them with my friends who join blankets for KAS. 

No worries Estelle.  I just love seeing what happens to the squares once I send them off to SA.  I feel so blessed every time I see a picture from SA with one of my squares or blanket in it. Of course it is such a special treat to see one of my toys in a child's hand.  Blessing all around.

Estelle, your blankets always look amazing.  And extra special thanks to the talented ladies who magic the odd shaped squares together... the results are fantastic.  As the recent article on the forum showed we have knitters of all ages.. from school kids to frail aged ... lovely for all work to be valued for the love and effort that has gone into it.   Thanks to all the volunteers who keep KAS going

Estelle, I wish we could all drop in on a Tuesday morning and join in the fun. Kudos to you for up-sizing squares when necessary.  It's my least favourite job and I have a box full still to do. I also have a stack of 9x11s and wait in hope that the lady who made them will do some more so a blanket can be made. Thanks for all you and the others are doing.

I wish I could be there too. Wouldn't it be great if we could teleport ourselves there on a Tuesday.

I sympathise with th tweaking problems we have with squares made by other people. My big problem is with tailing and butterflying. I've just done over 200 and still have about 500 more to do. These are from the retirement home ladies and their 2017 presentation. I also have to decide what to do with the oddities.....too big, too thick.....and my favourite: the rolled up squares. I've tried washing then blocking, but they just roll up again. As I have about 100 of them, I'm getting desperate. Does anyone have a solution? I want to be able to send them as they are very well knitted.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for June figures click :

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The MAY  2018 Squares List is available.

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Jul 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service