Square Circle Forum

A bumpy start to the new year but the pictures have arrived now - dozens of them.

Views: 20352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are gorgeous, all of them. Cathy's Anneke's and Sharon's steal the show . Many thanks Estelle, Barb and the rest of the team. WELL DONE!!! 

Thanks to you too Christine

Wow, so many beauties here! Hard to choose a favourite, but definitely loving the granny square ones again.

Barb deserves a medal for the patience and skill she has shown matching up and working all the odd sized squares into blankets too, they all look awesome.

The beauty with the black background and the entrelac colorful squares is Amy's . That reminds me of Vassarely. Congrats!, Amy !!! 

Hi Christine, I found the houndstooth pattern in the KAS  members patterns book on page 1:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/member-s-patterns-squares?id=3276523%3ATopic%3A287956&page=1#comments it was added by charis griffin, her description of the pattern looks " easy".....maybe another try??? xo

Thank you Anneke. 'That' pattern again - I expect everyone wishes that I had never mentioned it.

I remember Charis's pattern and yes, it is easy. I can do that and there is another slightly more complicated knitting one but the one I can't do is crochet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYPA0mpPdY

I don't think that would be difficult for many of our crocheters but I couldn't do it which just proved to me, once again, that crochet and I don't get on, expect very superficially - a bit of small-talk such as a granny square or a blanket edging maybe but we can't become friends.

Oooh Chistine! I watched the video - partly - I don't  think I have the patience to do this :))))  She is carrying the yarn of the previous row , when doing that I am always afraid to create a square with a "stiff structure" , also,  what about the edging....It is much better to make a square of "that" pattern according to Charis' knitted version :))) xoxo

Yes, that's what I decided. The square in the video looked as if it could stand up on its own so I tried thinner yarn (and couldn't see the stitches very well), not carrying the yarn and trying a sort of crochet swing-needle technique but that was worse and then I ended up knitting one, just to make myself feel less of a failure. What a waste of time!

At least you tried Christine, better to try and fail than not try at all. I have had quite a few 'failures' when I have tried new patterns. I like the adage "You learn more from your failures than your successes'.

Many of the patterns I use now worked up either too small or too large on the first try as well. With a bit of trial and error and sometimes frustration they were worth persisting with though!

I can't remember how many times I 'frogged' the basket stitch square before I actually managed to get it right! (both in size and pattern). :)

Hi Christine, please see my comment on p.48 - I have given details of the pattern, and included a link to a video tutorial.
Hope you will try it!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The October 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service