CANADIAN KASFOLK AT THE CAFE

CANADIAN  KASFOLK  AT THE  CAFE

Nothing is more fun than a chance to get together with some of our Kas-sisters!  Since Gloria was passing through on her way out west, we managed to arrange an afternoon at the mall in Newmarket.

What a blast! We traded lots of hugs, lots of laughs, lots of tips on knitting and crocheting, tips on the best way to send parcels.... and lots of KASchat.

Wendy made a video ( edited and posted by her daughters Maddie and Amelia Murray).  By the way, you will notice that everyone is looking very industrious except me - I had good intentions but Wen and Glo absconded with my yarn so Glo could give Wen a lesson in Tunisian crochet.

You can find the video here 

Here's the group - Christine Steeves, Wendy Lewis, Andrea Palmatier, Anne Powell, Gloria Grandy (Anne Connor wasn't able to join us as she was away for the weekend).  Gloria's wonderfully patient husband, Don, was here too but found mall-wandering preferable to crocheting.

Gloria with her fabulous Toronto Maple Leafs illusion blanket which she is making for a special person in her life

Crochet talk

Christine Steeves - truly a "kindred spirit"

Gloria gives a lesson

We are planning another get-together on May31 when Linda and Dave Maltby will be here.  We are hoping Anne Connor will be able to join us (can't wait to meet her).  If anyone is within driving distance of Newmarket, Ontario, and can join us, please message me and I will send you details.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What a lovely evening we had with Glo, her husband Don and grandson Damon !

I would have been soooo disappointed if they hadn’t been able to stop on their way back to Nova Scotia, since we were away when they came through in April.

You can see from the photo that Glo is never far from her yarn !  It was wonderful to meet her in person even though I’ve “known” her for 2 years. The conversation flowed easily as it does with good friends.  The men seemed to have lots to talk about as well [thank goodness!]

2965285946?profile=RESIZE_480x480

2965286170?profile=RESIZE_480x480

• What great pics, Linda.  The only thing they don't show is the warm and happy memories we have in our hearts after this wonderful visit!  You guys are awesome!

I am truly blessed to have met with so many of our KASsisters across Canada.  Thank you and (((Hugs))) to every one of you contributed to the pleasure of my trip by taking the time to meet and visit with me.  We will definitely be doing it again ... somewhere ... sometime ... and soon, I hope! xo

• Linda, I'm so glad you were able to meet Gloria. It looks like everyone had a good time. And you're so right about the conversation flowing.

Gloria, I can't help but smile at the sight of Damon's cell phone on the table beside him. Those young folks are never very far from theirs, are they? :-)

• Oh, I'm giggling with joy because everyone looks so happy.   What fun to have a chance to get together, and knit your way through a conversation.   And, may I say, that is one handsome trio of men!   Swoon!

• A lovely get-together in a beautiful setting.

You have certainly had a memorable trip 'out west', Glo....and thank you to everyone for sharing your pics and stories of your visits with 'our Glo'....giving us the feeling that we were there, too.  :))

What a SPECIAL lady she is....and her 'sidekick', Don....how great is he???!!

• I agree, I've been looking forwards to seeing these photos. Thanks for sharing with us, Linda!

• Glo, what a super duper trans Canada trip!  Just wonderful to see all the close encounters.

• It sure was great to finally meet some KASisters!!  Barb and Gloria are wonderful people and I am very happy to have had the opportunity to meet them.  Gloria, I bought a tunisian crochet hook yesterday and have started working on a square...stay tuned for a picture in the June theme for the finished product :) Thanks for the great lesson!

• Good for you, Beth!  I was thrilled that you and Barb wanted to learn Tunisian, and it was a treat for me to be able to give you a mini lesson.  I don't remember if you got the link to Kim Guzman's site or not.  Just in case you didn't, here it is ...

http://kimguzman.com/blog/how-many-tunisian-crochet-stitches/

Her tutorials are really great!  Now I'm patiently (or perhaps not so patiently :) waiting to see a photo of your finished square. xo

• 2965270622?profile=originalGloria on the left, Beth in the middle and me on the right.

What a good time we had!! We met at noon at West Edmonton Mall for lunch and then lots of chatting afterwards. We all brought yarn but we were gabbing so much we never got around to doing any knitting/crocheting.

For Show and Share, Beth brought some of her gorgeous squares and beautiful dolls she made. I hope this link works. http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/3-dolls/next?context=user I brought a sewing project (not KAS related. *blush*) and Gloria gave us a quick lesson on how to do the honeycomb stitch in Tunisian crochet. For all of you who think it's hard...it isn't! Give it a go and see for yourself. I'm looking at you, Bev Jeffery! LOL

Hubby came with me, so Gloria's husband didn't have to sit and listen to too much girl talk...lol. Gloria and Don had many miles to make this afternoon so, sadly, the visit ended waaaaay too soon. Two hours just wasn't enough time.

Gloria says they're hoping to come out this way again next year. Gosh, I hope so!

This reply was deleted.