Square Circle Forum

We appreciate that December is a busy month as we all get prepared for our Christmas and holiday celebrations. This months theme is designed to help you relax ad just wind down a little. Before the start of 2018 new and exciting themes.

Can you believe that 2017 is nearly over ?

Here at KAS we have had yet another super busy year, helping to keep thousands of children warm.

It has been a wonderful year with fabulous themes hosted by our moderators and members, with so many fantastic makes from all our crafters.Squares, toys, handwarmer and hats in their hundreds. There has been so much creativity in the colours, patterns and designs. Our crafters never cease to surprise us with the next idea they pull out of the hat. So that leads us to our monthly theme.

We must all have those little balls of scrap yarn, that been left over from our previous monthly theme or home projects ?

So, lets dig into the bottom of all those project bags and storage boxes and pull out all those odds and ends and get them used up. ( You never know what Santa might bring you !)

Whether it be a multi-coloured square, cuddly toy, jazzy handwarmer, stripy hat, lets use up all those odds and ends.

Most importantly lets have some fun !!!

Views: 2035

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lovely intro, Sharon!  What a great month this will be.  I, for one, have LOTS of half-used/nearly finished balls of yarn.  Perhaps I should just tie them together and start knitting :))  

This is a new-to-me type of knitting. The design is created by using short rows.  It's called 'Swing Knitting' (not to be confused with the swing needle technique) or Tapestry Knitting.  It creates little hills and valleys (fields and furrows, they call it) and I think they make lovely little 'roads' for little fingers to explore :) xo

Love this Glo, what an interesting pattern and great colours !

Gloria, this is amazing! Do you have a pattern for it?  And I love the colours!

Thank you all for your kind comments.  This really is a pretty pattern.

Lesley and Patricia:  Here is the link to the pattern I used.

https://system.na3.netsuite.com/core/media/media.nl?id=157281&c...

However, it is not a square pattern.  It is for a scarf or cowl and I just stopped when I got to 8 inches :)  Your piece will look very 'wonky' when you start, but it will even up as you work along.  At some point it will be square ... unfortunately, I can't tell which row that is because I didn't keep my notes :(

Also, it will need blocking to 'look' square, but I'm sure if it's not blocked it won't matter once it's stitched in with other squares in S.A.

I would LOVE to see more of these, so good luck, ladies :) xo

I'll definitely have a go but the pattern looks rather a mind-boggler. Don't expect a square any time soon!

Patricia, good luck ... but it really is not difficult - just a long pattern because each row is different.  I just crossed off each row as I finished it and destroyed that copy of the pattern (which is why I don't have my notes).  I'll have to print a new copy for my next square ... xo

An amazing pattern and such pretty colours, a fun square for little fingers! :))

This is amazing Glo! Beautiful yarn too! So great that you are - always - in the mood to try something new!  xo

Yes please - another request for the pattern! I've never seen anything like this before.

Gloria, amazing pattern in beautiful colors. Gorgeous!!!

WOW!  Gloria, this is a stunner .... love the yarns you chose, and the pattern is terrific.    You have started this theme off with a bang!   but you've set the bar quite high!  

I really like the idea that little fingers can trace the "roads" through the hills.    Sort of like the song:

Over the river and through the woods

To Grandmother's house we go

Perfect for the season.

Gloria, you certainly started this theme  magnificently! I admire the pattern and of course the yarn you used.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The NOVEMBER 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service