We appreciate that December is a busy month as we all get prepared for our Christmas and holiday celebrations. This months theme is designed to help you relax ad just wind down a little. Before the start of 2018 new and exciting themes.

Can you believe that 2017 is nearly over ?

Here at KAS we have had yet another super busy year, helping to keep thousands of children warm.

It has been a wonderful year with fabulous themes hosted by our moderators and members, with so many fantastic makes from all our crafters.Squares, toys, handwarmer and hats in their hundreds. There has been so much creativity in the colours, patterns and designs. Our crafters never cease to surprise us with the next idea they pull out of the hat. So that leads us to our monthly theme.

We must all have those little balls of scrap yarn, that been left over from our previous monthly theme or home projects ?

So, lets dig into the bottom of all those project bags and storage boxes and pull out all those odds and ends and get them used up. ( You never know what Santa might bring you !)

Whether it be a multi-coloured square, cuddly toy, jazzy handwarmer, stripy hat, lets use up all those odds and ends.

Most importantly lets have some fun !!!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have just parcelled up twenty hats made from left over chunky wool, unfortunately the photo's I took won't load up but they were very satisfying to make and clear a bit of stash.

• Good job Claire !  

• I have just spent an enjoyable hour or so looking through all the wonderful creations that were made in December...what a treat!!! So much colour, intriguing patterns and so much love soon to be on its way to SA.

My contribution is rather plain by comparison, but at least knitted in a thicker than normal yarn (for me), will provide warmth.  :))

December 2017 Theme - Odds and Ends

I thought I would use up the turquoise, yellow and plum from a blanket I made earlier in 2017, but there wasn't much turquoise, so I decided to buy a ball of pale green to mix in as well....then life got busy and I only managed one square before Christmas Day....but finally, I have used up all the green ball and all the scraps of the others to make 15 squares.

Thank you, Sharon for hosting this theme at such a busy time. LOVED your intro.  xo

• The striped squares are very striking and will stand out in a blanket.  Plus the others are just plain beautiful !

Glad you were able to use up yarn eventhough you 'had' to buy a green ball :-)

• WOW Bev, how did I miss this photo???  This is a beautiful collection ... made all the more beautiful because the plum (?) Color looks navy blue on my screen :)  I love them all but those striped ones are Heavenly!  Well done ... xo

• Thank you to everyone for your contributions this month!  We know the holidays kept you busy, but you still found time to make a little something for the children.  Your work is beautiful and the children will benefit from your generosity.  In the process, hopefully you reduced your odds and ends stash to make room for more odds and ends ... hahaha

It's been a great month and a fabulous year for KAS.  Now it's 2018 and we're working for the children under the umbrella of LOVE.  So come along and join Amy in our January theme ... 

Teddy Bear Picnic

• Gloria, thank you very much for your beautiful message. God bless you.

• Thank you, Gloria

HAPPY 2018!!

• Oooooh - it is a race against time here to see if I can get the items I am making completed by midnight........  I am not sure the photos will be in time, but the items may yet be........ and if not then they will be completed before December ends all over the globe ;))

• Here we go - the last two were completed at just about 1am UK time.......... the rest were in December!  There are lots of other photos of these dolls in my album on my page if you want to see them.  I am not entirely happy with them and have just decided I will be adding some scarves.......

2886808744?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

This reply was deleted.