Square Circle Forum

We appreciate that December is a busy month as we all get prepared for our Christmas and holiday celebrations. This months theme is designed to help you relax ad just wind down a little. Before the start of 2018 new and exciting themes.

Can you believe that 2017 is nearly over ?

Here at KAS we have had yet another super busy year, helping to keep thousands of children warm.

It has been a wonderful year with fabulous themes hosted by our moderators and members, with so many fantastic makes from all our crafters.Squares, toys, handwarmer and hats in their hundreds. There has been so much creativity in the colours, patterns and designs. Our crafters never cease to surprise us with the next idea they pull out of the hat. So that leads us to our monthly theme.

We must all have those little balls of scrap yarn, that been left over from our previous monthly theme or home projects ?

So, lets dig into the bottom of all those project bags and storage boxes and pull out all those odds and ends and get them used up. ( You never know what Santa might bring you !)

Whether it be a multi-coloured square, cuddly toy, jazzy handwarmer, stripy hat, lets use up all those odds and ends.

Most importantly lets have some fun !!!

Views: 2035

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gorgeous Square, Patricia!   It really has the Christmas spirit ... I can almost see Santa zooming o'er the fields of snow.

Like you, Lesley, I took one look at the pattern and decided to put it off for now.  But seeing another beautiful square with this pattern makes it really tempting to take a run at it.

Like Gloria said, it's not difficult - it's just long! Because you have to count on almost every row it's not a pattern for doing in front of the television though!

Oh yes, Lesley!  Do have another look. Patricia and I both agree that it's not difficult ... but as Patricia has said (and I agree!), you probably can't do it while watching TV ... :))) xo

What a beautiful job you made of this, Patricia.  I am thrilled that you had a go at the pattern.  Do you recall which "field" you stopped at for 8"?  I was thinking it was around 8, but not sure now.  I absolutely love the Christmas colors you used.  The furrows look just like snow!  Well done ... xo

I stopped after Field 10 but, as I say, this yarn knits up quite fine. I've just thought to look back at your photo and count the fields - it looks like you also did 10!

Thanks, Patricia.  You're probably right.  I just couldn't remember and I didn't keep my notes.

By the way, you should pop a photo of this lovely Christmas square into our KAS KRISTMAS discussion.  'Tis the season  :))))  xo

This is so beautiful and says Christmas to me. Reminds me of the roads still snow covered and houses decorated with holiday lights. Aerial view :-)

Love the effect  with the Christmassy colours. . 

Great Christmassy square Patricia....well done for giving it a go, the pattern looks difficult to me.  :))

What a beautiful square!

Odds and Ends has been my _ whole_ life_ style. My things do sort of fit this month's theme because they only use bits and pieces from whole balls of yarn.  

I wanted to do something with a beautiful skein of red yarn. So I came up with a bird. Without a doubt there are some KASers that can create the birds found in Nature but I'm not even going to try. Oh my goodness the birds our children in South Africa can experience!!!   

And giving in to desires of little boys for a Wrestler with muscles, I made a wrestler doll. Also some Racing Horses of Different Color including a baby blue one :-)) But first, that Bird In Hand.

Deborah, your little people and animals (and birds!) never cease to amaze me!  They are sure bring a lot pleasure to the children who receive them.  I love your red bird :)))  ... xo

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The NOVEMBER 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service