Square Circle Forum

We appreciate that December is a busy month as we all get prepared for our Christmas and holiday celebrations. This months theme is designed to help you relax ad just wind down a little. Before the start of 2018 new and exciting themes.

Can you believe that 2017 is nearly over ?

Here at KAS we have had yet another super busy year, helping to keep thousands of children warm.

It has been a wonderful year with fabulous themes hosted by our moderators and members, with so many fantastic makes from all our crafters.Squares, toys, handwarmer and hats in their hundreds. There has been so much creativity in the colours, patterns and designs. Our crafters never cease to surprise us with the next idea they pull out of the hat. So that leads us to our monthly theme.

We must all have those little balls of scrap yarn, that been left over from our previous monthly theme or home projects ?

So, lets dig into the bottom of all those project bags and storage boxes and pull out all those odds and ends and get them used up. ( You never know what Santa might bring you !)

Whether it be a multi-coloured square, cuddly toy, jazzy handwarmer, stripy hat, lets use up all those odds and ends.

Most importantly lets have some fun !!!

Views: 1925

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow!  Lesley, these are fabulous!  So many gorgeous colors ... a big bonus for a blanket ... xo

This month's theme is showing me so many breathtaking beautiful squares. 

A great quartet of squares.  I must admit I find it difficult when knitting a multi striped square to keep the edges with the joins even, but your square is so beautifully neat.  What is your secret?  

Hi Susan, thank you. No secret, but this seems to work:

Making diagonals, I don't increase/decrease at the beginning of every row, as some patterns say, but at both ends of alternate rows.  When introducing a new colour, I do it on the non-increasing row. I just start the row with the new colour, without joining, and afterwards pull up both finished and starting ends quite tightly, so there's no loose stitch, tie them in single thumb knot and sew them in.

Hope this helps.

Lesley, these are all gorgeous, especially the stripes in the bottom 2 squares.  I hear what you're saying about the size of your stash...mine's the same, it multiplies overnight when I'm asleep.  :))

Here is Scrap Miter Number 3 ...

Another beauty, Sharon - I love the colours.

Super, Sharon.  Lots of colors ... including blue :)))  Well done ... xo

Another stunning Mitre...Sharon your work is soooo neat and precise, I love it.  :))

Sharon, I love the colours you used very much!

This is my first attempt at Gloria's Fields & Furrows pattern. I had to add a border to make it up to 8" but I think that's because the Christmas yarn knits up thinner than standard DK.

SAM_0687

Well done, Patricia - a stunning square.  I must confess I looked at the pattern and found it difficult to understand, so shelved it for the time being, but perhaps I'll have another look now - I don't like being beaten!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The NOVEMBER 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service