Square Circle Forum

We appreciate that December is a busy month as we all get prepared for our Christmas and holiday celebrations. This months theme is designed to help you relax ad just wind down a little. Before the start of 2018 new and exciting themes.

Can you believe that 2017 is nearly over ?

Here at KAS we have had yet another super busy year, helping to keep thousands of children warm.

It has been a wonderful year with fabulous themes hosted by our moderators and members, with so many fantastic makes from all our crafters.Squares, toys, handwarmer and hats in their hundreds. There has been so much creativity in the colours, patterns and designs. Our crafters never cease to surprise us with the next idea they pull out of the hat. So that leads us to our monthly theme.

We must all have those little balls of scrap yarn, that been left over from our previous monthly theme or home projects ?

So, lets dig into the bottom of all those project bags and storage boxes and pull out all those odds and ends and get them used up. ( You never know what Santa might bring you !)

Whether it be a multi-coloured square, cuddly toy, jazzy handwarmer, stripy hat, lets use up all those odds and ends.

Most importantly lets have some fun !!!

Views: 4036

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been away from the forum for a couple of days and it's exloded with beauty ... again!  Amazingly adorable dolls, cozy and colorful handwarmers, dazzling blankets, and gorgeous squares!  Well done everyone.  

What a great exit to 2017 and this great theme.  I'll bet more than a few of us went out and bought more yarn (or asked Santa to bring some) to finish a project or begin another one.  

Just wondering if any of you managed to use up all ... I mean ALL ... your odds and ends stash ;))  xo

I have not contributed much this month, but Gloria, you have said it all - there have been some wonderful toys, squares and hand warmers to end the year on a briliant splash of colour. 

Oh Gloria, if only I could use up ALL my odds and ends.  I do have fewer small balls, but unfortunately, the BIG ball supply has grown and grown again.

Won't it be fun to see what creations are produced in 2018.

I can only echo Gloria's thoughts .... I am always thrilled to see what beauty you folks create from little bits of string!   Each and every piece is a work of art, and warm, too!   How great is that!

Thank you so much Sharon for hosting this theme so we can all clear out some of the remainders and get ready for a bright, colorful new year.

And Thank You to all the KAS folk who make such pretty, happy things for us to view, and to all the volunteers who put it all together and wrap the blankets around the children for us.

Peace and Love to you all.

Thank you Sharon and Glo, for a fabulous month on inspiration and beauty.  It was fun to see all the color combinations and different patterns/techniques.

Can't wait to see what is in store for 2018.

Oooooh - it is a race against time here to see if I can get the items I am making completed by midnight........  I am not sure the photos will be in time, but the items may yet be........ and if not then they will be completed before December ends all over the globe ;))

Here we go - the last two were completed at just about 1am UK time.......... the rest were in December!  There are lots of other photos of these dolls in my album on my page if you want to see them.  I am not entirely happy with them and have just decided I will be adding some scarves.......

Rebecca, these little people are absolutely adorable!  So many beautiful colors.  It's never too late to add items to a theme, so you made it in with no problem :)  xo 

Beautiful fellows!

Thank you to everyone for your contributions this month!  We know the holidays kept you busy, but you still found time to make a little something for the children.  Your work is beautiful and the children will benefit from your generosity.  In the process, hopefully you reduced your odds and ends stash to make room for more odds and ends ... hahaha

It's been a great month and a fabulous year for KAS.  Now it's 2018 and we're working for the children under the umbrella of LOVE.  So come along and join Amy in our January theme ... 

Teddy Bear Picnic

Thank you, Gloria

HAPPY 2018!!

Gloria, thank you very much for your beautiful message. God bless you.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS supplied blankets, hats, handwarmers and toys to over 5,500 children in 2017.  If Ronda’s wishes come true, in 2018 even more children will receive the gift of warmth and love from around the world.

See how you may help!

Crazy Cat 10 Year Anniversary Link

SQUARES LIST

The MARCH 2018 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

on the menu bar at the top of this  page.

HOW DO I?

Please click here

or

HAVE A QUESTION?      

Please click here

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service