Square Circle Forum

I  am involved with my local Wednesday Club here in the village of Earlston in the Scottish Borders, 35 miles south of Edinburgh.  The Club meets every fortnight in the afternoon  and is aimed at the over 60's - our  oldest member is 95 - and they come together for a talk, slide show, quiz, etc. followed by afternoon tea and chat (sausage rolls, sandwiches  scones, tray-bakes & cakes),  provided by different teams  of volunteer  bakers.  

Knowing there were some keen knitters in the group,  I  recently  introduced KAS to them and circulated an information sheet  based on the  KAS website.   I already have been given 9 knitted squares with many more on the go.  I will be sending these to KAS in the name of Earlston Wednesday Club - so do watch this space for more news from Earlston.  

I have also attached a photograph of the lovely countryside around Earlston.

The triple Eildon Hills - a famous Scottish Borders view close to my home.

Views: 280

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

More bright squares from Earlston Wednesday Club members  in my home village in the Scottish Borders.

photo

Beautiful squares !!!

Really beautiful squares!

I can hardly keep up with the knitters at Earlston Wednesday  Club ,so here is some of their latest contributions  to KAS. 

Goodness me, how colourful!!!! I think the white, yellow and blue striped set are my favourites.

Well done, Ladies!!!! 

They are all beautiful and I say it every time but they are soooo neat !!

Hi Susan,

I was wondering if there is a way - pictures of a Wed. meeting-  to meet the wonderful Ladies of Earlston Wednesday Club??

Just an idea. In the meantime, please Thanks them for me again. 

Best,

diana

Following Diana's request,  here is a photograph of the 90 year old members of Earlston Wednesday Club,  some of whom have knitted squares for KAS - taken at the recent birthday celebrations of the 56 strong  club.  (Photograph courtesy of the local newspaper "The Border Telegraph")

That totally made my day. Thank you Susan!!

THANK YOU LOVELY LADIES!!

A wonderful group of happy ladies !  90 years?? !

Oh, I can´t believe, they are 90 and they still knit ! Bravo! I admire your abilities very much ladies.

These ladies are incredible.  Just goes to show that you are never to old to make a difference in someone's life.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY 2 BAGS OF FRUIT

CLICK HERE

SQUARES LIST

The September 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service