The Square Heart Award for February 2014

is for Laurie Fortier,

Quebec City - Canada

Laurie joined the Forum in January 2010 and has been incredibly active and supportive ever since! In addition to creating squares, Laurie generously sent other peoples' squares alongside her own.

Laurie has a very busy lifestyle and teaches at  Garneau College in Quebec City, and, is a Moderator for Knit-a-Square. On top of this she writes the KasBlog, has been hosting the Square Heart Award, looking after Pinterest for KAS, and helped me with posting on Facebook!  Sadly, Laurie has had to step down from all her work and the roles for KAS due to an extreme attack of Rheumatoid Arthritis. We are all holding Laurie in our hearts and are hoping that with rest and peace, she will make a complete recovery.

Laurie's first Grace Vest

Donated Squares

many are from the KAS Group that Laurie organised at

Garneau College, and, met at Cafe Tricot!

Donated squares           Gorgeous Donations          Garneau College knitting group          Maggie's Lion           August-September challenge squares             Squares donated by Helen           Cathy's first squares!           Gorgeous Donations

In November 2013 Laurie lead the Toys, Games and Teddy Bear Challenge, which certainly brought out the 'inner child' of members!

photo  photo photo photo photo photo 

One Square at a Time

Above is the link to KasBlog which Laurie was updating very regularly until recently. The archives go back to October 2013 and are very Knit-a-Square focused and well worth exploring!

Our message to Laurie is

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I so hope the arthritis recedes soon Laurie.  You have worked tirelessly for KAS and made such a difference.  Rest for a while and get well soon.  All good wishes .x

• Congratulations, Laurie! You are my hero. I'm sending lots of good healing vibes your way so concentrate on getting better. :o)

• Many congratulations Laurie! A so well deserved award for you. Always active at and for KAS in many ways, which I very much appreciate. You spread the word in many ways. I hope you will recover soon. Take care and a big hug, xoxo

• 2965119076?profile=original

• How lovely to hear from you Laurie. Keep your courage up and be certain that we're all thinking of you often.

• Where to begin? I have been searching for the words to properly express my gratitude for this extraordinary gift, but none will do. Your support and kindness mean more to me than you can imagine. I have said it many times since discovering KAS, but it bears repeating. I have lived 50 years in many places with many different kinds of people and I have yet to find more kind, generous and caring people than you. It is a privilege to know you and to be a part of KAS. So, I will be back, hopefully sooner than later, particularly since Bev has ordered me! I (almost) always do as I am told! ;)

Sending you all love and warm hugs, Laurie xox

• Oh dear one, I cannot think of anyone more deserving of this award!! I am so sad to hear you haven't been well and I do know that you push yourself awfully hard. So I pray that you rest up and know that you are in our hearts and prayers always!! Please do take good care of yourself my sweet friend!! XOXO
  • Congratulations on this award, Laurie - I can't believe you haven't won it already!

Your beautiful work and generosity inspires us all, as does your dedication to the forum, with all the work that entails. So sorry to hear about your arthritis - praying that your pain will lessen and you will be able to return to doing what you love.

x x x x x x x

• Congratulations Laurie and get well soon! We miss you!

• Well deserved Laurie:)

This reply was deleted.