This month we are all about whimsy, fun stuff, kid-friendly squares.

Designs can be simple - the way a child would draw them.

Do you remember when you were 4, or 5 or 6? What fascinated you?

Even if that was a long time ago for some of us, certain things never change. No matter what the decade, children everywhere seem to be attracted to similar things.

COLOUR    

- the brighter the better. Think of a box of crayons and salute the

Year of the Plain Jane

with a stack of bright yellows, reds, blues and greens.

READING AND COUNTING

Number squares with counting dots, picture squares with simple words or alphabet letters

ANIMALS 

Kids love to learn about nature and our children in S.A. probably would love to see some African animal squares, or dogs, cats etc.

THINGS THAT GO

Always fun - cars, trucks, airplanes, rockets, bikes

MY COUNTRY

Squares that show the colours of the S.A. flag - black, white. yellow, green, blue, red. Even very young children recognize their flag.

(Reminder - flag-coloured squares will arrive in S.A. in time to be included in blankets distributed on Mandela Day, July 18)

If including Mandela Day squares in a parcel with other squares,  please write "Think Like a Kid" on the outside of the parcel so the volunteers will watch for them and set them aside. 

TOYS

- balls, dolls, teddy bears

HAVE FUN WITH THIS THEME - TURN BACK THE CLOCK AND    THINK LIKE KID!!!!

The "featured product of the month" in the KasShop for February is Learning Posters. They are a KASbargain at 2 for $5US!

As Pam mentioned in KasSnippets , these posters enhance the children’s environment and provide important stimulation to developing minds.

If you would like to send some posters as part of your participation in this month’s theme please visit the KasShop  HERE  and let us know in the discussion. It would be great if we could provide enough posters for Ronda to leave a few to brighten the creches she visits.

The February Photo Album can be found  here

February Photo Album # 2 can be found here

Our February Pinterest board can be found  here

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hearts for February challenge

Added by Grace Weir on March 3,

Hearts for February challenge

• Here are some of the beautiful squares made by the River John Square Knitters!  They are such an amazingly talented group of ladies!  Thank you! xo

2930288218?profile=RESIZE_480x480

• 2886755214?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Here's my completed blanket for this month's theme. I've tried really hard not to make too many embellished squares and add lots of Plain Janes, as these really do make the special squares stand out better. 

• A quartet of very cute teddies from Pam Christie in Photos

Teddies

• Pam Christie posted these very cute tortoises in Photos

Tortoises

• 2965229672?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Here are my last 4 squares for this month's blanket. As usual, my camera refuses to capture the fluorescent green properly! 

This has been a wonderful challenge - many thanks, Anne, for hosting it so efficiently! Xxxx

• Pam Christie has posted a herd of giraffes in Photos!!

giraffes

• Some very sweet little "Heffalumps" post in Photos by Pam Christie

elephants

• My goodnesss - just look at what Mary Anne fellows has posted in Photos!!

"Well, I managed to get this Go-over and matching hand warmers done, just in time for this months challenge! I found the pattern on the Caron website and thought it was pretty cute. I've added a few inches to the bottom and the sleeves as well (which are rolled up in a cuff and can be rolled down if needed)!

My dad has been having some health issues, in addition to the Alzheimer's, so I've been really pre-occupied with that. But I will pop in whenever I can....I think about you all every day! xoxo"

February 2015; Think like a kid!

• Added by Pam Christie on March 1, these absolutely adorable teddies.

Today's Teddies - it's still February 28th in Scotland

This reply was deleted.