Welcome to the February 2018 Theme 

CELEBRATE AFRICA
This month we celebrate the geographical beauty
of this amazing continent.......

the bounty of its amazing wildlife.......

its culture.......

and 'Father of the Nation' (South Africa)......
Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (Madiba)
Here are some beautiful squares from our members, to provide you with a little inspiration........
December 2016 theme - African flower squares   Mini Christmas Challenge Lion Feb 2016 Africa theme

February 2016 - Celebrate Africa - 2 Elephants February 2016 - Celebrate Africa  

July 2014 Remembering Madiba 1 
Squares inspired by African animal  or fabric colours/designs

photo    

or a flag or two of the many nations that make up Africa.

If you're feeling really energetic, perhaps you will achieve a whole blanket's worth of squares.  :))

and remember, it's not too late to include toys for the children

And if you're still not sure where to begin, these tunes will get those needles, hooks and looms working, I'm sure.....

Please sit with me under Chris's umbrella as we make some LOVE-LY squares to CELEBRATE AFRICA!
Lots of squares, blankets, hand warmers, hats and toys.
Our love and care in every stitch.
Volume...... so there are always enough items for every needy child.
Every child receiving our knitted and crocheted items will know that they are valued and loved.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2886819500?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

CtC blanket. Bev, Finally I finished this blanket for your February Theme. I thought about the colours of the African soil, the beautiful colors of the sea and lakes, the woods and the sun. Finished it off with a dark brown edging. Especially for you I made the background in pink....well, pink...something like that :)))  xo

• It's a very,very beautiful blanket and with so much thought put into the choce of colours.

• Oh Val, Thank you so very much! I fell in love with the softness and the colors of this selfpatterning yarn, so bright! xo

• Anneke, your blanket is wonderful!  I love the colors you chose and your description of why you chose them.  Simply perfect!  Well done :)  xo 

• Thanks so much Glo! Next will be the Boys theme :)))....maybe with a blue background.....:))

• Oooooh, Anneke, I am really looking forward to that :)))  xo

• Thank you :) xo

• Woo hoo, Anneke!! I LOVE the colours you have chosen....a perfect African-inspired blanket...and all sitting pretty on a delicate pink background. I think you've thought of everything. Well done and thank you.  xo

• Thank you so much Bev! ALL for you.....and most of all for the the children, I am sure you agree on that! xo

• A Cross eyed Hippo.

I'm a little late posting this. I had a lot of trouble squaring this larger circle and had to make him some little friends to strengthen the corners as they were a bit gappy. The greens are much more vibrant than they appear here. 2930381628?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

This reply was deleted.