Square Circle Forum

Welcome to the February 2018 Theme 

CELEBRATE AFRICA
This month we celebrate the geographical beauty
of this amazing continent.......

the bounty of its amazing wildlife.......

its culture.......

and 'Father of the Nation' (South Africa)......
Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (Madiba)
Here are some beautiful squares from our members, to provide you with a little inspiration........
December 2016 theme - African flower squares   Mini Christmas Challenge Lion Feb 2016 Africa theme

February 2016 - Celebrate Africa - 2 Elephants February 2016 - Celebrate Africa  

July 2014 Remembering Madiba 1 
Squares inspired by African animal  or fabric colours/designs

photo    

or a flag or two of the many nations that make up Africa.

If you're feeling really energetic, perhaps you will achieve a whole blanket's worth of squares.  :))

and remember, it's not too late to include toys for the children

And if you're still not sure where to begin, these tunes will get those needles, hooks and looms working, I'm sure.....

Please sit with me under Chris's umbrella as we make some LOVE-LY squares to CELEBRATE AFRICA!
Lots of squares, blankets, hand warmers, hats and toys.
Our love and care in every stitch.
Volume...... so there are always enough items for every needy child.
Every child receiving our knitted and crocheted items will know that they are valued and loved.

Views: 3370

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, Bev, what an inspiring intro!  I would say more, but an African square is on my hook and calling my name...

Thanks Anne. I am having a great time...not....as of course when I copied and pasted the discussion to here, everything went pear shaped and I am trying to fix it!  xo

I'm checking the pattern  as well. But I see a graph only . How many stitches are needed for the map and the border to achieve a 8x8 square??

That's a tricky question, Diana, as I knit an 8" square and then sew the map on.  :)) 

Perhaps Susanne Leverton, who does intarsia squares maybe able to correctly answer. I am assuming you count how many stitches at the widest part of the graph and then add the amount either side to take it up to the number you would normally have in a square....but I'm just guessing.  :))

Hi Diana.  I cast on between 36 and 38 stitches on 4.5 mm needles....slightly varies according to yarn as not all 8 ply is exactly same thickness from brand to brand.    Hope this helps. Sue

Hi Susanne. Thanks for the instructions . I always admire your intarsia squares. I’ll try it.

Hi Diana, I've sent you a message about how many stitches I'm using. xx

Thanks , Louise. I read your message and copied the instructions. I’ll see what I can do woth it. 

Thanks Sue and Louise......I knew someone would be able to help.  :))

I'm ready, Bev. I know what I'm knitting tonight after dinner. Great intro. Let's Celebrate Africa!!! 

A wonderful intro Bev!

This little monkey is hoping to see lots of African themed items this month, and perhaps a pal to play with on his journey...

Wonderful photos in your intro Bev. I would like to be in that hot air balloon looking down on the fabulous landscape.

Great monkey Chris, his got beautiful, big, blue eyes.  :))

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS supplied blankets, hats, handwarmers and toys to over 5,500 children in 2017.  If Ronda’s wishes come true, in 2018 even more children will receive the gift of warmth and love from around the world.

READ HOW YOU CAN HELP

SQUARES LIST

The REVISED JANUARY 2018 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service