Square Circle Forum

Hi K-A-S Friends.

Many of us have enjoyed a good chuckle or interesting moment in the Share a Yarn and Furry Friends discussions, haven't we?
Being the continually evolving community that we are; as of this moment, these two discussions shall become one.

Welcome to FUNNY and FANTASTIC!

Please feel free to share a pic, a funny story or maybe a link to a video about...... anything.
 We'd love to know what puts a 'smile on your dial' and a 'song in your heart'.

Views: 7616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HEAVENLY, Chris.  I dislike food shopping too, but I would gladly come with you if your store looked like this.  :))

Ooooooh, can you imagine a group of us set loose in a store like this?  We would empty those shelves in no time flat!  I'll take the blue!  Bev, you grab the pink!  Chris, load up with the green!   hahahaha ... xo

Sheer heaven!

Oh Anne, I'm already safe! The pounds that took a long time to lose last year found their way back very quickly!

I went out this afternoon and while I was thinking about the best way for me to start to lose weight and keep it off........ I had a cup of tea and a chocolate brownie! At least I can rest assured that I won't be kidnapped for quite some time :))

How can things that look and taste soooo good, and are as light as a feather, cause us weight problems??

Oh yes, that saying...a minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips, is certainly true for me.

I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at the picture!

That's too funny, Anne. Thanks for the laugh. Happy 2018!! 

Hahaha ... thanks, ladies, for the giggle!  I'm another one who needs never to worry about being kidnapped ... LOL

When I was a young lady (much younger than today :) my Mom and Dad had a bake shop.  The baking was done elsewhere but brought in fresh (and sometimes still warm) every morning.  My sister and I worked there after school and weekends.  Just so you know, we were both "stick skinny" at the time :)))

Customers would  come in and stand looking at our displays ... displays much like the photo above.  They would say to me, "I just love the smell in here!  How can you work in a place like this and stay so slim?"

Well the answer was simple.  My father was a very smart man!  When he opened the shop, he gave us absolute permission to eat anything and everything we wanted. 

So we did!  Mm-m-m    For about a week.  Yum-m-m   Or less!  Thereafter, the aroma of freshly baked cakes, pies, bread, and cookies ... let alone the thought of having to actually eat one ... made me just want to pack up and go home.  Yuk :((

Unfortunately, that feeling did not last through the years ... hehehe... xo

I can relate to that. One of my summer jobs as a student was working on the production line in a biscuit factory. 8 hours a day, 6 days a week packing chocolate bourbons into theis box. At the endof that summer, I couldn't stand the smell or sight of biscuits.  But that didn't last long enough either. Perhaps because my mother was an excellent cook and a wonderful pastrycook. She made the best Victoria sponge I've ever tasted. I've never been able to equal that, but I love making chelsea buns and bakewell tarts.

I'm salivating just looking at this.

Wouldn't this be great, two problems sorted!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS supplied blankets, hats, handwarmers and toys to over 5,500 children in 2017.  If Ronda’s wishes come true, in 2018 even more children will receive the gift of warmth and love from around the world.

See how you may help!

With Gratitude to our Gogos

SQUARES LIST

The APRIL  2018 Squares List is available.

HERE

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

on the menu bar at the top of this  page.

HOW DO I?

Please click here

or

HAVE A QUESTION?      

Please click here

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service