Square Circle Forum

Hi K-A-S Friends.

Many of us have enjoyed a good chuckle or interesting moment in the Share a Yarn and Furry Friends discussions, haven't we?
Being the continually evolving community that we are; as of this moment, these two discussions shall become one.

Welcome to FUNNY and FANTASTIC!

Please feel free to share a pic, a funny story or maybe a link to a video about...... anything.
 We'd love to know what puts a 'smile on your dial' and a 'song in your heart'.

Views: 8539

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jeanne, you have a beautiful daughter :)))

You're right about the damp cold!  I have never experienced low temps like you and my sons in AB get, but here in NS where we are right by the ocean, our -13 is unbearable to me.  My husband spent time in Northern AB and says that he'd rather have a dry -40 than a damp -15.  Me?  Well, I'd rather have a sunny +20, thank you very much! hahaha

My dad spent years as a missionary and travelled to very remote northern areas.  Here is how he dealt with the extreme cold.  This is a (very old) photo of him on one of his trips to the north.

And Bev, just so you don't need to ask why I never accompanied him, this is how he had to travel to get there :))

Ah yes, planes on skids. We have a bush plane landing/take-off strip a couple of minutes from here, on the lake, they use floats in summer and skids in winter.  I agree with your Dad. When the wind is blowing, frostbite can be very quick and those days I do put a scarf over my face. 

Gloria I'm with you about the nice +20!  Any day thank you, lol.

Oh, although the deer didn't show up last evening for a meal, before going to bed I put out some rabbit hay pellets and some chopped carrots, and I saw it was gone before dawn so somebody was out and about and grabbed it. :)

What a lovely pic of your Dad, Glo.......still don't understand why you didn't go with him.  :))

And I still can't get my head around, shovelling/ploughing snow and all the things that go with winter in North America/Canada.....think I will try not to feel down about the cold and rain in the coming Winter.

When I lived in Canada, I was 3 years in Northern Ontario and 13 yyears in Montreal. I'm totally in agreement that a cold dry climate is a lot easier to bear than a cold very humid one. I can remember when public transport in Montreal was on strike in the middle of Winter and I had to get into college for an 8 o'clock class by hitching a lift. Sheer torture. The humidity just goes right through to the bone.

This remains, to me, one of the funniest blogs I've ever read, about moving cross country with two dogs...one of whom she describes as simple minded, and the other neurotic.  Maybe it's just me but this really amuses me everytime I read it.  http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.ca/2010/11/dogs-dont-understand-b...

This is how it starts:

Dogs Don't Understand Basic Concepts Like Moving

Packing all of your belongings into a U-Haul and then transporting them across several states is nearly as stressful and futile as trying to run away from lava in swim fins. 

The same goes for cats, believe me!

https://www.facebook.com/264222260741842/videos/332648923899175/  I am hoping you can see this video of roosters chasing children. It really gave me the giggles this morning.

I know aggressive roosters can be a problem so I offer this from a chicken sanctuary. "Rooster's can be very affectionate and even cuddle with their owner's if they have an established relationship between them as demonstrated in this adorable video: The Cuddling Rooster...Grace. We know roosters can be very loving as we have had many sweet and cuddly roosters at Chicken Heaven On Earth Sanctuary. Getting your chicken to cuddle with you takes time and patience. Never act aggressively with your chicken, particularly a rooster, always show patience, love, and give them lots of attention and your chicken will be cuddling with you before you know it. "

Just to prove it's possible:

Image result for pictures of cuddling roosters

And this one has gone completely to sleep, look at his face. I've done this with hens, out they go, clucking contentedly.

While I can't rival Jeanne's super deer photos, this is what we woke up to this morning. Apparently there is more on the way. And no deer, just Grisou trying to find a place to sharpen her claws.

While it definitely looks cold, Valerie, it really is pretty.  A soft blanket of snow always seems to soften everything up and make things peaceful for a while.  But ... only if you don't have to go outside ... :))) xo

Two very funny photos, Pam.......lol.

Glad to see you back with us.....hope you are well on the mend and settling nicely into your new abode.  :))

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS supplied blankets, hats, handwarmers and toys to over 5,500 children in 2017.  If Ronda’s wishes come true, in 2018 even more children will receive the gift of warmth and love from around the world.

See how you may help!

With Gratitude to our Gogos

SQUARES LIST

The MAY  2018 Squares List is available.

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. 

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Jun 5.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service