Thought some might like this idea we are going to do with our online group to raise funds for sending our goodies over.. We are now collecting oddments of fine china cup, saucers and plates, teapots , doiles, tablecloths etc and loving the challenge as well to create our next fund raiser.. we have a state of older folks and after going to a few commercial high teas and loving the idea.. we are going to have our very own High Tea.. it will serve several good purposes.. we are hoping to provide for the lonely and the romantic among our community with a beautiful afternoon out where they can have a time of OH those good old days reminiscing , a time of great fellowship and a time to listen to the needs of the children in need in all parts of the world.. any one interested in doing the same??? let you know with photo. how ours goes..

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well done Elaine - so good to be providing somewhere for the lonely to meet and enjoy some company while you are spreading the word.  I hope your high teas go from strength to strength.

• When I messaged Elaine for permission to move this discussion into this new category, she replied with a "yes", some added details, and another photo - thanks Elaine, this sounds like a wonderful event.

Thank you for your lovely comments.. I would love to have this in your new section.. There would be a lot of us in the same boat as regards the cost of postage and anything that can aid in getting together the postage would be of value to the whole of the project..

I scoured the local opportunity shops for cheap but pretty and sometime antique cup , saucers and plate sets, teapots and pretty plates to put the food on. It was a mix of so many different patterns and was a talking point also of the high tea.. food was bite size and varied so one could sample quite a few things without being full.. I loved getting the china together and it wasn't that expensive ..

I had a theme in mind of colour more than pattern for each table so that made it so much easier to control...however the concept could be era.. design , pottery verses china.. mugs or cups.. list is endless.. hope you all have fun if you want to try this concept.. believe me it was a lovely day of companionship and talking about the good old days when it was lovely to sit and have a cup of tea with a teapot and lovely china and company...

2930227280?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• One cannot beat a good natter reflecting on the past with friends in the local community!

• That is for sure Pam and I am betting there is a lot of natter going on when the squares are being sewn up as well for I think that women are the same the world over and love to have a good talk and share ideas , recipes etc

• Fabulous Elaine - wonderful idea, and, brought so much joy in the process! Have taken the liberty of inserting your pics so they can be more easily seen!

2965123980?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

2868293544?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

2965124380?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• What a great idea, Elaine!  Congratulations on your success.

• Wonderful, Elaine....from your display of lovingly created items to your beautiful table settings...just BRILLIANT!!

• Thanks so much for that... it was a wonderful day...

• How did your high tea go I am thinking of doing something similar in crookwell to help cover the postage costs as  have recruited a team of four knitters and crotchers

• Mary ,

the high tea was , considering what a tiny tiny town Wilmot is a great success , we only had about 30 people , charged only 5dollars as most were pensioners.. but we still made 185 dollars clear profit and had a grand day .. posting a few photos to show you .. so I am really happy with that.. in hindsight I should have done it on my own and hired the hall.. would have got more people as the online is small and has more restrictions on it.. and I would have then charged 10 dollars.. I am thinking of doing it again myself this time ... then I will let you know how it went.. in the meantime. here are some photos.. we used a lot of china bought from secondhand shops, good quality but not a lot of matching sets of each pattern.. but it all looked fab...

IMG_2030.JPG

IMG_2032.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

This reply was deleted.