Here we go again! 

It’s been almost a year since we had our last Stripes, Zigzags and Textures challenge and it was such a resounding success that we are doing it again. 

We managed to fill our Discussion with 156 pages of pictures and chat and we filled 2 ½ albums with photos of your beautiful squares.

Our challenge this year is to do even better.

Plain Janes – as always, our ‘most needed’ squares, so don’t forget –  garter stitch or single crochet produces a lovely texture, so jump in you plain-janers and join this challenge.

Stripes – the shining star in so many blankets – everyone loves them and what a great way to do some stash-busting and use up bits.

Zigzags – fun, fun, fun, and so many possible variations.  A great chance to try new patterns (there are some really interesting and easy ones in the KAS Pattern book)

Textures – either by using pattern in your squares or playing with all the weird and wonderful furry and nubbly yarns that you bought and now wonder what to make with them.

One special day  JULY 18 – MANDELA DAY

Around the world, people recognize Mandela Day by devoting 67 minutes of their time – one minute for every year of Madiba’s public service – by making a small gesture of solidarity with humanity and a step towards a global movement for good.

Please join us in this celebration by making a special square for that day.

As we remember and honour the life of Nelson Mandela, you might want to choose symbols of peace, love or freedom ….. or rainbow colours to represent The Rainbow Nation of South Africa.

The Pinterest page for this challenge can be found at

www.pinterest.com/anne1464/knit-a-square-july-2014-stripes-textures-zig-zags/

The Photo Album for this challenge can be found at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/july-2014-challenge-stripes-textures-zig-zags

And Photo album # 2 can be found at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/july-2014-challenge-stripes-textures-zig-zags-album-2

Photo album # 3 can be found at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/july-2014-challenge-stripes-textures-zig-zags-album-3

Please post your photos in this discussion AND in Photos so I can move them to the Album

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2965174931?profile=original2965175080?profile=original2930263368?profile=original2930263472?profile=originalThese are a bit late, but since this is my first post, and my last few squares for the challenge, I thought I would go for it anyway!

• 2886748242?profile=originalAnd one with a flower.

• 2886746603?profile=originalA couple of plain janes just for Anne. :-)

• 2886748755?profile=originalAfter figuring out how many stitches I needed for 8 inches, I made these 3.

• 2886747135?profile=originalI'm a little late to this party but here are the rest of the squares I made this month. Not very many, I'm afraid.

I started with 2 strands of this fun nubby yarn. I miscalculated and the square ended up being 11 inches across so I made an 11 inch square and then crocheted around it to bring it up to 16 inches. So it's the equivalent of 4 squares.

• Posted by Christine in Photos - another wonderful slip-over

Striped slip over for July challenge

Added by Christine Chiplen on August 2, 2014

Sorry it's a day late!! The variegated green and cream yarn is actually bright, but wet day prevents outdoor photo, and I didn't want to delay photo further.
    The yarn is 100% cotton, from a charity shop, so this slip over cost less than a pound!

Striped slip over for July challenge

• WOW, what an amazing challenge this was!  I can't get over all of the beautiful and creative squares that were created!

Thank you Anne, for a fabulous month!

Thank you Elaine for hosting Color Collision!!

• Posted by Philippa in Photos - five gorgeous textured squares

Textures!

Added by Philippa Green on August 1, 2014

Basket-weave, moss stitch, diagonals, horizontal stocking stitch rows and ribbed!

Textures!

• Red, brown TSS with border

Added by Linda R on August 1, 2014

Red, brown TSS with border

• Fuzzy bullseye

Added by Linda R on August 1, 2014

Fuzzy bullseye

This reply was deleted.