SQUARE HEART OF THE MONTH AWARD

Edited this month by Gloria Grandy

The Square Heart Award for July 2014 is for

Beth - Canada

Beth has been a member of the Knit-a-Square Forum since July 2010.  Since then, she has been quietly working away to keep the children warm.

Her beautiful and colorful squares are always a welcome sight in our photo section and in the Monthly Challenge Discussions.

Raspberry-Lime African Flower SquareRed & White

Seashore Challenge square...

In Beth's words, "of course knowing that the children will be a little warmer is a great motivation!"

March 4 Seasons Challenge - Spring/Summer CuddleScarves for the January Challenge

4 hats & a penguin...

Hats & Squares...

She doesn't look for praise or acknowledgement for her work.  Her reward is helping the children.  She told us, "I love to see the photos that are posted of the children wrapped in their colourful blankets ..."

Almost every month she sends a parcel, and sometimes 2 or more, of her beautiful squares and other goodies.

35 squares=1 blanket  Squares for October's Un-Challenge...

Beth shared with us the secret of her beautiful handwork.  She said,

"I learned how to knit when I was 15 via lessons from

my Mother and Grandmother :)  

I have had something on my knitting needles ever since ..."

Knit-a-Square is indeed fortunate that Beth's needles are always busy and her heart is so full of love. 

Thank you, Beth!

Here is the link to photos of Beth's beautiful work ...

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?scree...

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations, Beth.  Your work is always so beautiful and inspiring. 

• Hi Beth, Congratulations ! So well deserved, you are an inspiration for all of us and the children will love your work :)

• Thanks everyone for your kind comments! I have been away at my cottage (no Internet connection) and just found out about this award. I love knitting and crocheting for KAS and will continue to do so. I think it is such a wonderful thing that so many people from around the world are helping keep children warm one square at a time ;-) Let's keep up the great work so that the team in SA have even more blankets to hand out this year!
      • Congratulations Beth you make wonderful squares and hats and cuddles for the children !

• Thank you and congratulations, Beth!  I've been watching your work appear and am always amazed at how lovely and plentiful it is!  Wonderful additions to the KAS cause!  

• Congratulations Beth!  I originally learned to crochet from my grandmother years ago and at the time she attempted to teach me knitting but I could not get it together.  I'm so glad I went back to it.  I enjoyed viewing some of your handiwork and hope to get back to crocheting one day as well.

• Congratulations :) Beautiful work :)

• Congratulations Beth.  :))

You have made sooooo many beautiful things for KAS over these past four years, it is great to see your wonderful talents and generosity for the children acknowledged.  :))

• Well deserved award Beth !  

• Congratulations Beth. Your work is just beautiful. Thank you.

This reply was deleted.