SQUARE HEART OF THE MONTH AWARD

Edited this month by Gloria Grandy

The Square Heart Award for June 2014 is for

Sharon B - USA

In February of 2013, Sharon B joined the KAS Forum. She had, in fact, been quietly working away, making and sending squares to South Africa for a couple of years before that!

Her presence has become a bright spot for many of us on the Forum where she shares photos of her beautiful work and offers complimentary and encouraging comments on the efforts of other contributors. She has the ability to ferret out different and unusual patterns which she shares with other members, and ultimately the children in South Africa benefit from her wonderful talent.

Her genuine concern for the children in SA is evidenced in the number of squares she sends ...

Shades of RedVariegated Collection

... and the care and detail she puts into them to make them warm, soft, and beautiful, hoping to warm the hearts and bring smiles to the faces of our children in SA.

Baby Owl

Sharon joins in each challenge, entering into the spirit of fun with her incredibly artistic abilities to create whimsical ...

... themed ...

... or just plain beautiful contributions.

She has told us,

"I use a variety of methods to try to reproduce a picture that I've seen, and then trace an image onto knitting graph paper, square off the lines so they fit on the graph squares, find a yarn that sort of matches the colors I want, find a good show on TV, and knit my square."

Thank you, Sharon.  You are one of KAS's many blessings!

If you are looking for inspiration or just want to smile a while, please have a look at Sharon's photo pages. Here is the link:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=2r1ahz38hooea

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations. I love your artistic way. Colours, details and fun. Great works.

• Many congratulations Sharon! This is a well deserved award. Your work is beautiful, all squares are little pieces of art and your choice of colours is stunning. Everything you create is made with love. Also you are in inspiration for me. xoxo

• Congratulations Sharon I agree with the others, your work is beautiful and inspiring and must be a delight to any child who receives your squares.

• Congratulations Sharon, you so deserve this award in recognition of all your beautiful work. Always so creative, you have an amazing mind to bring your squares to life how you do. We all enjoy seeing the pictures, imagine how special a little one feels having one of your squares in their blanket? Well done you!xx
  • Congratulations Sharon, I always admire your work full of good ideas to follow. Thank you for all .

• Long deserved award Sharon, you not only inspire us with your creations, but often provide us with smiles & laughs!  The first time I saw your 'porky' elephant I actually burst into laughter - which is very good for our health! Thank you!

• Congratulations Sharon !   A well deserved recognition for all that you do for KAS and the children.

• Congratulations Sharon, it is lovely to see the above squares in one place. Your work certainly brightens the day for us and for the team in S.A. and then the children.

• Sharon, a well-deserved CONGRATULATIONS!  I love seeing all the beautiful and gorgeous creations you make for the children!!!  I'm sure they love them all.

• Sharon, you have made some absolutely beautiful squares- I almost said pictures! I especially love the angels, they're sooo pretty. Congratulations!
This reply was deleted.