Square Circle Forum

Views: 4229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks ladies...over the past few months we have sent lots of toys, books and other educational items for Katherine to use with the pre-school children. 

Another successful day for JBay Recycling yesterday.  Someone walked away with a very bright blanket.

Our volunteers rock!
Marvellous job done by all to exchange over 1,8 tons of trash for treasure yesterday. Special thanks to Nina's for hotdogs and Food Lover's Market for fruit, our new JBay resident volunteers, the Island Vibe, Jeffreys Bay Primary, Aleph and Christian Surfers crews and as always our hard-working Supertubes Surfing Foundation team.

So wonderful Amy! Speechless... xo

Thanks Amy. I LOVE to see what the children want to 'buy' from the 'shop'. This must give them such joy and satisfaction to do their own 'shopping' that they have earned by themselves.  :))

JBay rocks! I think that what they do is fantastic. Showing kids how to look after their environment and rewarding them for it in a very practical way.

Thanks Amy, like Bev I love the kids shopping photos.  I will have another parcel of shop goodies in the mail next week

Do you send goodies for the JB shop, Sue?

I have a few dozen long sleeve tees that I  bought a few years back (another phase of compulsive buying....can never resist a 'bargain'), when Ronda had clothing on her wishlist and I was going to knit vests to go with them.....never seemed to get around to the vest knitting part.  :((

Do you have an address to send them to, please? 

Yes Bev.  They will love the Tees. ( I have a pile of tights to send... same.. can't resist a bargain.  The address is  JBAY RECYCLING PROJECT. PO BOX 1128. JEFFREYS BAY. SOUTH AFRICA.  6330

Thanks for that, Sue.  :)) I'm glad to find a home for them.

What do you declare them as? Knitted squares? My p.o. doesn't seem nearly as friendly and 'look the other way', as yours does.  :))

I label the customs slip as " Gift" in the tick box. I fill it in as clothes for charity only. No commercial value. I write on the parcel in large letters " Donated goods for charity. Not for resale. No commercial value. BONA FIDE GIFT.    I send parcels to Jay Bay and also Little Libraries. So far no problems

Thanks for the info, Sue....they are very 'thingy' at my p.o. I usually just put 'knitted sqs for charity'....sometimes they are very heavy sqs when I am sending books and stationery supplies to MNCP....lol. I will try this.  :))

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS supplied blankets, hats, handwarmers and toys to over 5,500 children in 2017.  If Ronda’s wishes come true, in 2018 even more children will receive the gift of warmth and love from around the world.

READ HOW YOU CAN HELP

SQUARES LIST

The REVISED JANUARY 2018 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service