Square Circle Forum

Views: 2861

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How beautiful. It's not surprising that it found a home very quickly.

Totally agree, Valerie....gorgeous blanket....happy chappy!!!

This showed up on Facebook this morning from Little Libraries and mentions our own Susanne Leverton.

Little library 204

This little library now lives in an aftercare centre in a small town in the Langeberg - recommended by my friend Rene.
The lady running the centre spoke about children needing to be encouraged as sometimes they are not being seen or heard and thus live as discouraged beings. As the children were introduced to a new story, I felt I was in the right place at the right time :-)
For making this possible we thank Sue Leverton and the St Benedicts Church ROBOS committee( Reaching Out Beyond Our Shores) from Australia.

I saw this on FB yesterday and shared. I love what Little Libraries achieve and think Sue's contribution to this is wonderful.

How wonderful !!!! Good on ya', Sue and ROBOS.  :))

Thanks Joan.
If you are making a donation to Little Libraries please remember that Knit-a-Square is also in need of financial support. Ronda and the team are still struggling to pay the rent, supply the Gogos with a blanket stipend, provide fuel for the van and other monthly obligations.

I was wondering at one point Ronda was taking paper for the nurseries to use in art projects is she still taking art supplies - I used to sometimes send pencils etc? Any update on the numbers of direct debit income for Ronda? 

The address for donations to Little Libraries - books, stationery, pens, pencils, games etc. is:-

Little Libraries,

c/o Camille Quine,

PO Box 50484

Waterfront 8002,

South Africa.

Thank you for the address, Joan. I will be sending a pack of books and puzzles this week.  :))

Sorry, Joan. I just see the address here in this report. 

I just sent a donation and I got a Thank you already. We have to help feed their young minds as well. 

Thank you, Diana!

projects supporter

We've successfully processed your donation on GivenGain. It will be transferred directly to the bank account of Stars in their Eyes.

Latest email from Sandra Pillay at Mama Ntombi's Community Projects giving an update of their work in June & July

MNCP’s 10th Anniversary:

We've had a busy month!  We've just celebrated 10 years of ministry, for which we praise and thank the Lord for the way He has sustained and expanded the ministry to holistically meet the needs of the many orphaned and vulnerable children that we work with.  Our primary focus is at the Ezinketheni Informal Settlement (because this is an  area which has the greatest needs and there are not many NGO’s working here), but we also work at the Jika Joe Informal Settlement and at Rawat Circle in Northdale. 

Gogos Tea Party:

On 22nd June we held a tea-party for 50 of the elderly Gogos who are caring for many orphaned grandchildren.  Sne Mtshali did the devotional message based on Jeremiah 20:11 " For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  She encouraged the grandmothers to pray for their children and grandchildren despite where they are presently.  Many of the grandmothers were so touched by her message and one elderly mother said to her that her daughter left for the "Big City" (Johannesburg) many years ago, leaving behind her children which the grandmother is caring for.  She has had no contact with her daughter and doesn't know whether she is still alive or possibly dead.  But now she has hope and will be praying for her daughter and the grandchildren.  We also gave each grandmother a gift pack of a beanie, a scarf, a hot-water bottle, body lotion and soaps to take home.  We plan on giving these wonderful Matriarchs a treat once a quarter.

Education is the Key to Success Workshop:

We held a workshop with 50 mostly High School Learners.  The attendees were really encouraged by the information they received on subject choices for the appropriate careers, entry requirements for FET Colleges/University and how to go about applying for University enrolment and bursary scholarships.  One young lady who is presently in Grade 10 discovered that she really needed to be studying Physics as she wanted to become a Physiotherapist.  This was not part of her present subject choices.  She was encouraged to either repeat Grade 10 or do a bridging course.  She will discuss this with her Teacher when school resumes.  The participants learnt that they can be and do anything as long as they stay focused, work hard and eradicate mental obstacles such as fear, worry etc.  Your present circumstances of poverty and hardship should not determine your future. 

We plan on doing another workshop this time focusing on Learners from Grades 9-12.  We have decided to include the Grade 9’s to ensure that Learners make the correct subject choices in Grade 10. 

Animal Welfare:

The community members, including children will be given a talk in July on how to care for their pets.  We will also have a mobile vaccination clinic, working in partnership with other animal welfare organisations. 

Preschoolers’ Picnic!

On 6th July we will be taking 20 of our Preschool children on a Picnic to the Alexandra Park.  Many of the children from Ezinketheni have never been into the city and a picnic is a real treat for them. 

Holiday Club Programme and Winter Warmth:

We have a three day holiday club programme planned for the children from 10-12 July.  There will be Bible lessons from the Parables Jesus taught, as well as lots of fun, games and craft.  On other days Solomon has planned soccer and volleyball tournaments so there is lots to keep the children occupied

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE  to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

KAS CARDS

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The July 2017 Squares List is delayed. Our sincere apologies.

For the June 2017 Squares List please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service