Square Circle Forum

Views: 4874

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THE BLANKETS READY FOR DELIVERING TO OLIVER AT HOTEL HOPE

Noble gesture, Ronda! Thanks for sharing the Love and Warmth. 

Report from Athele : Exceptionally heart-warming half hour spent with dear friend and co-volunteer the hard working Estelle McLeod and new friends Violet and David, who head up the team that is

Acres of Love

They are a team of volunteers and care givers who give homes to about 200 orphans around South Africa. Please do read the captions for my pics if you're interested to know a little more about them and the 130 blankets, beanies and hand-warmers we handed over this afternoon on behalf of the team that is Knit-A-Square, who reside in over 50 countries in the world and whose collaborative efforts made this all possible. Ronda Lowrie, founder and able-Captain of this circle of Love and Grace, you should be proud of the good you made possible!  
Please visit Acres of Love's Facebook page if you'd like to know more about the beautiful work they do and their philosophy.  
Bless all the nimble and able hands that brought this joyous occasion together, all caring for children who have suffered the worst possible loss. I sure am proud to be even a tiny cog in this beautiful wheel of love.
PLEASE SHARE to let good news be known.

Estelle McLeod and I with Violet and David from Acres of Love, an inspiring NGO with donors from around the globe who make it possible for them to take care of 200 orphaned children in homes around South Africa. 

Some truly magnificent squares, beautifully assembled by Estelle      

One of the 130 ... in my lounge just before we headed off for Acres of Love. I just noticed the pic of smiling baby Logan, as a grand baby, right beside my face. How lovely that this blanket is on its way to let a child know it is loved and cared for and special, the mission of Knit-A-Square and inspiration of our darling Ronda who makes this all possible!

Another one I managed to get done this week in time for Acres of Love donation. Estelle, any and all help with names of contributors you recognize, please do name and honour and tag where possible xx

I wish Estelle McLeod's phone had managed to give a more true reflection of the soft pastel gorgeous colours of this lovely set of squares we recently received. Estelle darling please remind me of the lady's name ... I just recall she's South African ...  Estelle you truly are a STAR for edging this one so beautifully and just in time! Amazing to know that it's going on the 13th of June to a home for orphans in Cape Town, to a baby that's being given to them to care for on that day. So heart-warming to bear witness to all the links in the chain of love.

UPDATE

Acres of Love posted on their Facebook Page

A 'THANK YOU' FROM THE PHILILE FOUNDATION - DIEPSLOOT

A little bit about the Philile Foundation : Our objective is to establish early childhood development centers (pre-schools) in disadvantaged communities, running programs that are aimed at the physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual and social development of children. We do this through the support of sponsors and by employing and training teachers from the local communities.

Diepsloot is a township in the north of Johannesburg and is home to about 150,000 people; many of whom live in 3m-by-2m shacks assembled from scrap metal, wood, plastic and cardboard. Some families lack access to basic services such as running water, sewage and rubbish removal.

What good work the Philie Foundation does, Great that Ronda was able to give beanies and handwarmers.

I love to hear all about organisations like this, just knowing that there are so many people who care and try to make a difference. If it weren't for KAS I woud never know that they existed.

Totally agree, Valerie. Thanks for sharing Pam.  :))

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].  

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The MAY  2018 Squares List is available.

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. 

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Jun 5.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service