The Knit-a-square program has inspired volunteers in more than 60 countries to knit and crochet more than 1.5 million blanket squares, hats, hand-warmers and toys. Your efforts are helping to keep the children warm but to keep this operation running every day, we need to extend your love and support.

Your donations are the backbone of financial support for the operations on the ground in South Africa, making it possible for them to continue.

Whether it's helping to pay the rent, a stipend for the gogos to sew blankets, fuel for the KasVan or to cover postal charges of $3.75 US per parcel, you make it possible to keep striving toward warming and comforting the children.

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with.

You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The financials have been updated above for December. That little blue line has just eked its way above the red.

A note from Ronda:

"We are spending so much more each month than we were a year ago … and this year the Surrey Bizhub owners have raised the rental as of the invoice received in December !

That is a new thing for us.

Nothing we can do … the KASbarn space continues to be ideal, utilised and appreciated despite some aspects which are not “ideal”."

Orders continue to come through the KasShop and we'll be starting another fundraiser in awhile but this rent increase might create some problems. From what I can tell, there was an increase of $85/month.

• Here are the 2018 quarterly charts for the KasShop. It's interesting how each quarter has a different popular product.

KAS-Orders-2018.pdf

• Thank you so much for this Andrea!  Boy! the Shop really did a good business ... some months were phenomenal!  

And we don't have to pay rent, shop cleaners, electricity or staff salaries to keep the shop open 24/7. Every cent goes to Ronda to help keep moving blankets, handwarmers, hats and toys to the children.  

Our little KAS Shop is definitely worth supporting ... xo

• Thank you Arlene and Bev for reminding me that I posted a parcel on new year’s eve and I forgot to pop into our KAS shop to pay the parcel fee! In future Bev, I will do as you do and pay the fee as I prepare the parcel to send so I don’t forget. I have just popped into the shop to pay for last week’s parcel and the parcel I am packing at the moment.

• I just found the "pay the Customs Handling Fee" button at the gift shop.  Great idea!  Thanks for making it easier for us to help.

• Yes, it's great, isn't it, Arlene? I paid for three parcels in advance, yesterday, now I just have to get around to butterflying, de-tailing and parcelling up....groan, I think the paying of the parcel fee may just have been the easy part.  :((

• The final shop figures for 2018 are here… $534.15 for the month of December. Thanks to all who purchased a calendar!

I'll post the annual chart for 2018 but we raised a total of $7,617.19 (after PayPal fees) this year.

619542792?profile=original

• Thank you so much for the update Andrea. I appreciate the comprehensive graphs you make. Great that the shop generates so much income! xo

• ooh I'm so glad we are in suplus! after that worrying gap for so many months. 

• Great news!

Do we know what was raised last year?

I made my contributions on the December 30, so I am guessing they will show up in the January totals.  Money is money whenever it comes in.

Thanks for all your efforts...it will be fun to see what the new year brings.

This reply was deleted.