Square Circle Forum

KAS FINANCES - URGENT APPEAL

APPEAL FOR DISTRIBUTION FUNDS

Ronda has been in touch to let us know her concerns regarding the lack of funds in the KAS bank account. Ronda urgently requires funds to be able to carry out the winter distributions to the children, these distributions are due to start within the next few weeks before the weather becomes too cold.

Here is a message direct from Ronda;

Sadly the flood was costly in terms of cleaning costs and re-organising the office so that nothing stands on the floor, ie. bringing in a whole bunch of shipping pallets etc.  Not to mention room and fabric sprays to help with the appalling smell of damp wool which seemed not to go away despite our running all the room fans for two solid weeks!!!

In Rand terms it costs us between R30,000 and R35,000 per month to run KAS. That would be approximately $2600 or £2100 at current exchange rates.  We have been receiving between $800 - $1500 via PAYPAL for many months now, so have eaten into our reserves each month. We have approximately 12 regularly monthly donors The bank account it is the lowest it has been in many years ”

As you can see there is a huge shortfall each month between the amount of money it takes to run KAS and the amount Ronda receives via PayPal donations. Today we are launching an appeal on behalf of Ronda to raise urgently needed distribution funds. Without these funds KAS cannot complete its wonderful work.

YOU CAN HELP BY:

• Making a purchase from the KAS shop. There are numerous options to choose from with prices starting from $5. 

The KAS Shop is a direct donation to a child through Knit-a-Square.

• By making a one off donation through PayPal (please use the button on the right side of the forum pages)

• By setting up a monthly subscription to KAS. Subscriptions start from $5 each month. (please use the subscribe button on the right side of the forum pages)

Don't have Paypal - You can still help

If you don't have paypal you can still contribute. The follow moderators are able to collect cheques payments and forward these to  Ronda.

Helen Flagg (USA)

Bev Jeffery ( Australia )

Louise Tidman (UK)

Please leave you details on the discussion below or contact the Mod to arrange this.

Going forward...... What can we do ?

As some of our older forum members will be aware, we have had to request for funds previously. Since moving into rental premises, KAS outgoings have increased, but so has KAS and it is not practical or realistic for KAS to be run from Ronda's home. Unfortunately grants are not easily obtainable. Ronda and her team are doing their best to try and win these and also search for cheaper premises. But both are not easy tasks.

Can you imagine what a relief it would be to Ronda and her team if we could all sign up to a monthly donation of $5,this would give her the stability. KAS operates on a shoestring budget and not a penny is wasted. Every penny really counts.

Look at how many forum member we have and if we all gave $5 dollars a month just imagine how many children Ronda could help and the security it would give KAS to keep going. So please ,please , please can you consider doing this.

We all know that KAS really does make a difference on the ground to these children.KAS Supplied blankets to 6000 children last year.

And finally .....

If any forum members have any ideas to help raise funds these would be welcomed by the Moderators. Please share on the discussion below or contact a moderator directly.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and your support. Together we can help and make a difference to these children's lives.

Views: 12132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The photograph of the house and the lady sitting on the floor really show what they have to cope with.   It is great that KAS gives them a sense of purpose and when people have virtually nothing, even a little makes a big difference.  It is a shame though that it cannot be more but people who work with some of the gogos have reported a big change in their mental health and emotional well being since becoming involved with KAS.  It was a brilliant idea of Wandi's to include them in the project.

Yes, amazing to think that what a lot of us would spend at a cafe for ONE tea or coffee can provide for a Gogo to sew a few blankets. 

I do hope we raise enough for them, in May, to sew all the blankets, for the rest of this year, at least...wouldn't that be a fantastic achievement??!!

This is a must-do for me. My son and daughter-in-law have a wonderful mother's day planned for me, I am very spoilt by them, and I will certainly give to the Gogos who work so hard so far away.

Sharon, thank you for bringing this to our attention.  What a terrific way to make Mothers' Day special for all!  

My dear mother is in Heaven and I know she would be extremely pleased to know that I made a donation to help these dear ladies in honor of her ... so that's exactly what I will do :) xo

I had terrible trouble this morning trying to set this up. I couldn't click on the subscribe button for some unknown reason. It took me around half a hour to get it to work. This was both on my iPad and computer.
Perhaps there was a bit of a glitch today.
Joan I'm sorry to hear you had a problem with the subscribe button......did you manage to get onto PayPal in the end?
I've just tried both the subscribe and donate buttons and had the same problem with the subscribe button so I've left a message with our techie experts (Linda and Sharon) to have a look at it. Sorry if anyone else has experienced the same problem today.

Thanks Louise and Joan.  Sorry you had a problem.  Yes, there is a glitch and we're looking into it. 

I've put a message on the Subscribe Box redirecting people to the Website Donate page:

http://www.knit-a-square.com/KAS_South_Africa?_ga=1.173359587.11821...

Please use this for the now.

Linda, thank you so much for your speedy response. Xx
I managed it in the end Louise :).

Sharon, what a great idea to commemorate Mother's Day on 14 May by sponsoring the gogos!  I've made a note in my diary to donate through Paypal on that day and hope others will do likewise!

Mother's Day here in France is on May 28, so I'll block that date for my contribution.

Dear Louise
I've been a Forum member for years, live in Warwickshire UK, but I'm not very computer literate ( to say the least!), so hope this is ok to contact you like this!
I run a small weekly knitting group for KAS yet wanting to spread the word more as it were and have been thinking for some time of trying to find a 'sponsor(s) mainly to help Ronda pay the monthly bills but also to hopefully pay parcel postage too especially if I am extending and hopefully finding lots more Loving Knitters, but i'm not sure what kind of proof of KAS as a charity and any necessary nformation I would need to take with me when I approach a possible sponsor; can you advise me on this and point me in the right direction as it were please.
Sorry if I sound a useless computer ninny, which I am!
Thank you !! For 'all the help you give us backhome knitters by 'being there' as a moderator for us all!!
Luv Liz

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The October 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service