Square Circle Forum

KAS-KRISTMAS IS HERE!

You are invited to our “Christmas Party” right here on the Forum.

It’s a time to gather, share thoughts with our KASfriends, and have some fun.

We hope some of you who like rhyming might pen a poem (or feel free to add one you have read and loved).

Share your favourite Christmas joke or cartoon,

or your favourite recipe ,

your favourite family tradition,

a photo of your Christmas tree or your pet in holiday garb,

your Christmas wish,

your secret for surviving this very busy season,

… anything that tickles your fancy, to get us all in the holiday mood.

This is a ‘feel good’ discussion – our Christmas gift to one another. So grab a cuppa, 

put on your thinking cap (Christmassy of course!)

and join in our celebration of KAS, one another, and this joyous season.

Views: 4107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just a random stray thought that crossed my mind this morning. A few days ago someone (sorry can't remember who) asked what Holiday movies we watch at Christmas. I couldn't think of any at the time (that we always watch), but I thought of something else my Mum and I do every year. We like to watch the Myer Carols by Candlelight on Television on Christmas Eve.

This year was the 80th year it has run, (began in 1938). I have been watching it every year with Mum since I was old enough to stay up that late, (it starts at 8.00 pm and finishes at 11.00 pm. Mum's favourite part is David Hobson singing 'The Holy City'. He closes the show with that song almost every year and has done for about the last 10 or 12 years now I think.

That to me is a quintessential part of the holidays for Mum and I.

What a wonderful mission ... helping visually impaired children and their families.  Thank you, Wendy, for sharing this with us.  I love hearing about the many varied traditions and holiday favorites of my KASfriends :) xo

A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE KAS SISTERS AND BROTHERS ALL OVER THE WORLD

I have been doing things slowly this year.

This is a card my son, Mark Guerin, made some years ago.  I wanted to share it with you all.

Arlene, this is great! Did Mark draw it?  What a fun picture ... xo

Yes, Mark drew the picture.

The title is:  "Northwest Christmas".  (The little bear paw in the corner is his artist's signature). 

Thank you for sharing his wonderful talent with us here, Arlene.  You must be very proud of him ... xo

Arlene, what a very talented son you have! Thank you so much for sharing this very special card.

Arlene, thank you for sharing this wonderful card!  It just sings 'west coast Canada', and I love the fact that even the totem is wearing a Santa hat.

Have you any other photos of Mark's work you can share with us?

Our 'second Christmas' is today.  Grandchildren who had to work on the 25th will be home with 'significant others' in tow.

I finally managed to finish the hand-holding mitts at 6 am this morning - just in the nick of time.

Thank you, Everyone, for sharing your Christmas. The poems, the songs, the pics and the stories/memories are wonderful. Regrettably, I was absent for most of it, but have spent an enjoyable couple of hours catching up. Hubby was even curious enough (a rarity for him) to ask what I was looking at.  :))

As it's nearly that time, once again..........

Anne :  Yes there are some other photos.  I will look them up.

well done with the mitts!

How beautiful. So energetic and humerous.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS supplied blankets, hats, handwarmers and toys to over 5,500 children in 2017.  If Ronda’s wishes come true, in 2018 even more children will receive the gift of warmth and love from around the world.

READ HOW YOU CAN HELP

SQUARES LIST

The REVISED JANUARY 2018 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service