Square Circle Forum

KAS-KRISTMAS IS HERE!

You are invited to our “Christmas Party” right here on the Forum.

It’s a time to gather, share thoughts with our KASfriends, and have some fun.

We hope some of you who like rhyming might pen a poem (or feel free to add one you have read and loved).

Share your favourite Christmas joke or cartoon,

or your favourite recipe ,

your favourite family tradition,

a photo of your Christmas tree or your pet in holiday garb,

your Christmas wish,

your secret for surviving this very busy season,

… anything that tickles your fancy, to get us all in the holiday mood.

This is a ‘feel good’ discussion – our Christmas gift to one another. So grab a cuppa, 

put on your thinking cap (Christmassy of course!)

and join in our celebration of KAS, one another, and this joyous season.

Views: 4209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ooooh, Chris, these are gorgeous!  I'll bet Bev would love to get her hands on some of that pink variegated aran :))  Even I must admit it is very pretty!

I can't wait to see what wonders will be created with these treasures ... xo

Ooh yes, my fingers are itching to reach through the screen...if only they could.  :((

Your son and friend have excellent taste in yarn, Chris....pretty, pretty, pretty!!!

Your brother missed his vocation....he could have been a yarn-rescuer, Chris....lol. What a great find.  :))

I didn't get a lot of yarn, but a friend in QLD sent me these 2 Balls. I love the colours and they will make great hand warmers. She must be Psychic too, as I have used up all the yarn I had for hand warmers in the last couple of months (in response to the shortage of them).

Wendy, what a beautiful gift of yarn!  The colors are gorgeous!!!  And the yarn looks soft and warm ... perfect for handwarmers :)  ... xo

Pretty colours, Wendy. I use Portacraft in some of my squares. I haven't used either of these colours...I look forward to seeing what you make.  :))

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I've been absent from the discussion for a few days.  We had our big Christmas on the 28th and then things didn't exactly settle down.  My son-in-law had a gall bladder flare-up on the 29th. First a trip to Uxbridge Cottage Hospital where an ultra sound showed gall stones, back home for a few hours, then he spiked a fever and had to go to Markham Stouffville where they admitted him.  GB removed yesterday, and he'll be home later today or tomorrow.  Everything is fine, but our routine is kind of upside down!

I found two glorious balls of yarn in my sock.  I've never seen this one in Uxbridge before - Premium Toy Box.  I can hardly wait to get to Walmart to see what other colours they have. It's lovely and soft, bulky weight, but not too bulky.

I whipped up two squares so the 'givers' could see what it looks like'

Anne, I've been thinking about you and your 28th celebration.  So sorry to hear about your S-I-L but very glad things turned out okay :)

I love your yarn.  What gorgeous colors!!!  I, too, will be checking the yarn shelves in Walmart ... not that I need any more yarn, but ... well ... you know ... LOL ... xo

Lovely Yarn Anne, hope your son in law is home soon and on the mend. Had gallstones myself a few years ago, was glad to be rid of them!

There's nothing like new yarn!!!! These look lovely, Anne.  :))

What an eventful time you all had. I'm glad everything turned out ok.  xo

This discussion has been such fun and has put the sparkle back into the forum.  I hate to see the fun end just because Christmas is over.

Why don't we try to keep the buzz going by switching to Bev's discussion "Funny and Fantastic" here 

It's a great 'meeting place' where we can chat about anything under the sun (or snow).  It has kind of languished since last November.

See you all in the F&F discussion!

Great idea, Anne!  Let's do :))) xo

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for June figures click :

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The JULY  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Aug 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service