Square Circle Forum

KAS-KRISTMAS IS HERE!

You are invited to our “Christmas Party” right here on the Forum.

It’s a time to gather, share thoughts with our KASfriends, and have some fun.

We hope some of you who like rhyming might pen a poem (or feel free to add one you have read and loved).

Share your favourite Christmas joke or cartoon,

or your favourite recipe ,

your favourite family tradition,

a photo of your Christmas tree or your pet in holiday garb,

your Christmas wish,

your secret for surviving this very busy season,

… anything that tickles your fancy, to get us all in the holiday mood.

This is a ‘feel good’ discussion – our Christmas gift to one another. So grab a cuppa, 

put on your thinking cap (Christmassy of course!)

and join in our celebration of KAS, one another, and this joyous season.

Views: 4107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, December 2017 and another KAS year is almost at it's end! Thanks again Anne for enabling us to 'share Christmas' with each other.

So as  the new year will soon be with us, I wish our KAS family a very.........

Yes, Happy New Year from me to everyone too, may 2018 be as successful for KAS as 2017!

Thank you everyone and a  Happy New Year to all of you :) 

Just wondering what kind of yarn or yarn-related gifts any of you received for Christmas.  Hubby bought me yarn ...beautiful yarn ... Loops & Threads Impeccable, Red Heart Stripes, Bernat Pop ... guess he wanted to replace the peak on my mountain of yarn ... LOL  Seriously, he looks after the children by keeping my yarn supply well stocked :)))

One of our RJSKs told us of a mug she received for Christmas. It says, "Keep calm and cast on!"  Love it!  xo

Isn't it lovely to receive yarn as a gift? Great for us and for the children!

Congrats Glo, they sound divine!!! What a star your hubby is.  :))

As my hubby dislikes Christmas...and particularly pressy buying........I went online and bought yarn for me on his behalf....lol. My middle son and his partner  and my youngest son, both gave me gift vouchers to my fave yarn store, Spotlight....thank goodness they are valid for two years....   :))

What a great mug.....would love to read that whilst drinking my cuppa every morning....I would have a ready validation to knit everyday  xo 

Isn't it great that we're all so easy to choose gifts for.  All we need is a ball of yarn or a piece of paper that entitles us to choose some :))

Sounds like you'll have lots of fun at Spotlight, Bev.  If only I could go with you, I could help you pick out some really pretty blues ... LOL ... xo

Hmmm, yes I guess I might buy some blue.....lol. If only one of us would get on a plane, eh Glo?.......

Oh Bev, the thought of shopping for blue yarn with you is soooooo tempting!!!  Unfortunately, the only way I'll get on a plane is if the pilot stays home ... LOL ... xo

Hahaha.......sadly, same for me.  xo

My son bought yarn for me for Christmas continuing a tradition in our family (Bernat Pop is fun to knit).  My late Mom gave me yarn for birthdays and Christmas.  Jeanne Haessler gifted me with yarn from her stash last year and this year also.  It's fun to open the parcel and see the colours and plan all the projects that each yarn can make!  Visions of sugar plums and hats and squares and..........

happy New Year to all!

Lovely gifts, Arlene!  And it is extra special when a KASfriend shares from her stash :))) xo

I was delighted with some yarn gifts, I had some pretty chunky yarn fom my son, enough to make a blanket, (some balls were camera shy)..... 

A friend who came to Christmas dinner gave me this pretty variegated aran and a lovely soft ball of purple chunky....

and last but not least, my brother rescued this lovely soft green yarn (with wool) from a charity shop and used it to protect a little crystal jug in a parcel for me....... he was a little surprised that I was more taken with the yarn! :))

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS supplied blankets, hats, handwarmers and toys to over 5,500 children in 2017.  If Ronda’s wishes come true, in 2018 even more children will receive the gift of warmth and love from around the world.

READ HOW YOU CAN HELP

SQUARES LIST

The REVISED JANUARY 2018 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service