Square Circle Forum

Every now and then some of us have the chance for a "meet-up"  This discussion is a place to store memories of these special times.

Views: 1288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amy, I missed reading of this get together before now. What a lovely visit with Sharon and how utterly fab that you have the shared experiences of Corrales AND KAS.

Today was our fundraising coffee morning...this has become an annual event each March and is usually very well supported. I hire the village hall to cope with the volume of people and stalls. We always have a raffle, tombola, bric-a-brac stall, homemade cakes, new and nearly new goods for sale, packs of KAS cards for sale and this year we had ' guess how many hands are on the two blankets' game.  The blankets can be seen in the photo below. Jude and Jean spent numerous hours cutting out felt hands and embroidering the names of all our supporters on them before sewing the hands onto the blankets.  Anne made a wonderful map of the world out of coloured felt for the centrepiece of one of the blankets too.  

We had two special guests from Wales at our coffee morning today......Chris Chiplen and her son Andrew.  Chris arrived armed with 3 beautiful throws she had made to be sold to raise money, she also bought with her a huge bag of her stunning go-overs.....a couple of months ago I had a request from MNCP for long sleeved jumpers and Chris got stuck in to make as many as she could before today's event.

She also brought with her a huge bag of cuddly toys which will be shipped to KAS. It was great to see both of them again but the morning is so hectic that I hardly had time to catch up with them.  

The event was a huge success again......we raised just under £1,200......so tonight, I've had a great time spending money in the KAS shop...this will help Ronda with the upcoming winter distribution costs.  I will also make a donation to MNCP.  The rest of the money will be used to ship our goodies to SA. 

If anyone is thinking of holding a coffee morning (on a slightly smaller scale at home) just bake or buy a few cakes or biscuits, pop the kettle on and invite some friends around. You could sell a few of your unwanted items, bric-a-brac, books etc or have a raffle.  It's a wonderful way to let people know what's going on in KAS and raise some money towards your postage costs at the same time. 

The hall's starting to fill up! 

Guess how many hands on the two blankets

The winner of the game, Andrew Chiplen....receiving his prize from Jude And Louise.

Chris, receiving the famous trophy and medal we award to special guests...the previous winner was Joan Humm!

You can see Chris can hardly contain her joy at receiving such an outstanding award!!  Thanks for being such a good sport Chris....we had a brilliant morning.

PS Kathy P has been in touch to say she would like to attend our next fundraiser....I've told her she may end up working behind a stall or waitressing, it hasn't put her off!!  

Haha! I was delighted that Andrew won the Easter Egg prize although I look as if I am going to begrudge him every mouthful!  Brilliant result for our coffee morning, so many people braved the snow to support KAS.  We can do it all again in October and perhaps Kathy P could be our KAS Guest of Honour for the day and so may be in line for our Special Award! Lol.  Glo I promise I will bring it to Canada with me along with some TC if ever I manage it.

Your blanket full of hands is gorgeous. Brilliant!! How many hands...?? 

Hi Diana....129 hands xx

Congratulations Ladies!! I wish I could be there one day. I'll serve the coffee!! 

Congratulations, Christine!! You are a star!!

One day you may get your wish Diana...that would be brilliant!  :))

Three cheers and congratulations, Louise and Jude.  What a morning!!  What a success!!  I can only imagine how much work it must have taken to pull all of this together. Wonderful that Chris and Andrew were able to attend.  Great photos - thanks Louise for all your hard work.

Thanks Anne, as you say a huge amount of work goes into organising a coffee morning on this scale. I also worry that no one will turn up and to add to my stress levels this year we had snow forecast on the day but it was all worth it in the end to raise so much money.....and to be able give Ronda a financial boost before the start of winter distributions, the icing on the cake. 

What a great success. Your very hard work really paid off. Bravo, Louise and all your helpers.

Oh my goodness, so much work with soooo many rewards.  You ladies and gentleman are truly amazing and KAS is lucky to have you as such strong supporters.

The hand blankets are spectacular and they will be cherished in SA.

Congratulations to Chris and Andrew!  

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures, almost feels like we are there.

Oh my goodness ... you wonderful ladies!!!!  This is a stellar accomplishment and a testimony to your kind and loving hearts.  The effort you put into helping others is amazing!  A brilliant accomplishment, for sure :)  Congratulations on making this such a smashing success.  

((Hugs)) and a huge thank you to everyone who was involved in planning, preparing, organizing, and working this event.  It was a huge triumph and an inspiration to us all.

Congratulations, Andrew on your big win :)   Jude, I can understand why you might want to help him enjoy that prize :)))

Congratulations, also, to Chris on your cup and medal - awards of recognition for everything you have done - and continue to do - for those who need a helping hand.

Now, if someone would just build a bridge from Canada to the UK, I would be happy to join your next one.  I would happily volunteer for the 'washing up committee' ... xo

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

One time donation:

KAS supplied blankets, hats, handwarmers and toys to over 5,500 children in 2017.  If Ronda’s wishes come true, in 2018 even more children will receive the gift of warmth and love from around the world.

The FEBRUARY 2018 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

New to the forum?

Please click on

at the top of this  

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service