Square Circle Forum

Hi wonderful KAS people

Today is launch day for our knit-a-squillion challenge. As you know our goal is 1.2 million squares by July 2012, let's do it!

Here is what you need to do:

First download this flyer: http://www.knit-a-square.com/knit-a-squillion.html  which explains the challenge.

Then, we need every person connected with KasCare, knit-a-square, the Square Circle forum, Ravelry, Facebook ,Twitter, and who knows about our work with the orphaned and vulnerable children of South Africa, to:

1. To each knit or crochet 60 squares within the year ourselves
2. To Invite five other friends or family members to knit or crochet 25 squares
3. To ask each of those five people to invite one other person
4. To introduce the knit-a-square program to your local schools, churches and communities
5. To introduce the knit-a-square program to your local retirement village
6. To invite people in our small business, company or organisation to the knit-a-squillion
7. To start a knitting group
8. To write about knit-a-squillion on your favourite knitting and crochet blogs
9. To send the flyer you have downloaded to all your friends and family and ask them to pass it on to all their friends and family.
10. Add a link to the flyer on your personal facebook page

Let's start a viral movement!

Make sure you ask everyone to let the folk in South Africa know that you are working for the knit-a-squillion challenge. You have know idea how much hope this will give people there working so hard to help the children.

The flyer for you to download is at this link: http://www.knit-a-square.com/knit-a-squillion.html

It explains the challenge and it also has a sheet of 4 postal labels and a list of every important web page associated with KasCare and its' program, knit-a-square. You need to fill in the form to be able to download it which is our way of being able to measure the response. It is very quick!

You can also print the flyer from: http://allfororphans.com/knit-a-squillion/

Please let us know here who you have introduced. Whether it be friends, schools, organisations and to receive your little warmed children!

The count goes:

1 recruit = 1 warm child

1 school = 3 warm children

1 group = 3 warmed children

1 retirement village = 3 warmed children

1 organisation (ESPECIALLY CORPORATE!!) = 5 warmed children

Thank you as always for your ongoing support, we are so looking forward to seeing the squares pour in.

Views: 9960

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I haven't actually added any because I don't know if they will all keep knitting or if it is a one-off - but I'll add a few as I'm sure some will carry on.

Michele thanks for sharing this! It's brilliant to see people's efforts. Keep it up everyone!

WOW! I take a small break from the forum and the squares come flying in! 57 more squares to add to the total...

Squares          52,640

Retirement Villages  1

People                   50

Organizations           1

Groups                    9

Schools                   3

12 squares posted off to Jigsaw.

New totals:

Squares          52,652

Retirement Villages  1

People                   50

Amazing...in less than a week the total has risen by over 2000 squares. If every week were like this...WOW!

Am adding 3 people out of all those new ones who have brought me squares - so many offer but not sure how many will keep going but sure some will.

Squares          52,652

Retirement Villages  1

People                   53

Mailed 82 squares:

Squares          52,734

Retirement Villages  1

Love how the numbers keep growing.  Well done everyone !

Elsie Buckby (UK group) sent 76 squares in the last few weeks:

Squares          52,810

Retirement Villages  1

Today, I mailed 63 squares to Jigsaw

Totals now:

Squares          52,873

Retirement Villages  1

People                   53

Organizations           1

Groups                    9

Schools                   3

I think we could make 55,000 by Christmas - how exciting!  I was looking for last year's tally but couldn't find it - how many squares did we clock up last year?  Two more responses to newspaper article today - that's 2 offers of wool and one new knitter who says she will get friends to help.  Ripple, ripple.

Squares          52,873

Retirement Villages  1

People                   54

Organizations           1

Groups                    9

Schools                   3

Wouldn't it be great if another company took Jigsaw's place when they stop....then we could make the most of all the ripples!

The US is only going to have about a month to do the jigsaw offer. I am crocheting squares but I can felt sweaters and cut then out as that goes quick. I have 96 felted sq. so far and wanted to send at least 105 to make 3 blankets. I found 3 more wool sweaters today and they are now in the washer being felted. I haven't sent felted sq. since Planet Purl but have been collecting sweaters to felt in case an offer of cheaper postage was available. I was lucky to find sweaters of all colors . Lots of mens sweaters are black or grey and I like the bigger sweaters as I get more sq. from them.  I am getting 7-9 sq. per sweater on mens sweaters'

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for June figures click :

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The MAY  2018 Squares List is available.

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Jul 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service