Square Circle Forum

This is my first time sending squares and I was wondering how many squares people send at a time.  Also I live in Canada and was wondering how much difference in cost it is to send by air mail or by boat.   

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mary. 

I usually send by seamail and the more I send at once, the cheaper it works out, but I know this is not the same for every country. Perhaps Linda, Glo or Anne (all Canadians) may be able to answer this one.  :))

I'll send them your discussion link.

Hello Mary.  I am a member of the River John Square Knitters in River John, Nova Scotia, Canada :)  We package our squares in 2kg packages and send them "small packet".  As a rule, we get about 60 squares in one package ... give or take a square or two.  It will depend on the weight of individual squares as some will weigh a bit more or less than others.

Here's a link to the Find-a-Rate site for Canada Post.  

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?exec...

We use a kitchen scale to weigh our packages before heading off to the P.O.  I haven't been the one dropping the packages off at the P.O. lately, but I believe we are paying around $36. per 2kg package.

First-time mailing is a bit nerve-wracking ... I remember :)))  I hope this helps ... xo

Hi Mary, Glo has given you very good advise.  It is exciting yet 'terrifying' to send off that first parcel.  We, in Canada, all use seamail as airmail is too expensive and as parcels are arriving all the time in South Africa, it doesn't matter when your parcel arrives.  It will usually take about 6 to 8 weeks [but I've had parcels take 6 months ] so don't despair if it seems a long time for your parcel to appear on the Squares List.

I imagine Bev has already given you the Postage link but I'll post it just in case.  It has information on how to send your squares and also a Canadian section with a few tips.  http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/postage-information-1

Thank you so much Bev, Gloria and Linda that was very very helpful!  I was anxious to send out my first batch but originally I wasn’t even thinking it could be sent by seamail (I did read about the 2 kg but I assumed it would be air mail and was afraid how much it would cost).  Of course I would like to get them there sooner rather than later but I will wait until I have the 2 kg (will have to make plenty more) but around $36 is a relief.   

Thank you, Glo and Linda for your 'Canadian expertise'.  :))

Love. love, love how we are able to help each other out.....K-A-S sisters rock!!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for July figures click :

See how you may help!

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Aug 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service