The theme this month is all about colour; bright colours, harmonious colours, clashing colours; colour for the sheer joy of it.

I’ve always loved RAINBOWS.  

I can remember being fascinated by them as a child.  My older brother did his best to burst my bubble of wonderment by explaining the science that caused them, but he never completely succeeded.  Oh, I understand about refraction and reflection (sort of) but the child in me still believes rainbows are magical.  They always appear when the sun comes out after the rain, creating a beautiful bridge between dark and light, despair and hope.  What could be more magical?  There are officially 7 colours in a rainbow which are, of course: 

RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, INDIGO and VIOLET 

but Wikipedia tells me that, between infrared and ultraviolet, the human eye can detect about 10 million different shades.  PJ’s in ALL the colours of the rainbow perhaps?!

The Colour Collision challenge last year produced the most spectacular burst of colour and I seem to recall that the NEONS were particularly popular: shocking pinks, bright oranges, sunny yellows, lime greens, passionate purples, electric blues.  Let your imagination run riot, mix them all together and see what happens.

I had one of those clever tubes as a child, the ones you look into and turn, making the pattern at the end change constantly.  KALEIDOSCOPES provide endless interest, from the simple repetition of shapes and colours to extraordinarily complicated pictures.  

I know you clever KASfolk will find unending ways of interpreting this theme but whatever you choose to do this month, let it be done in glorious

TECHNICOLOUR!

Don’t forget to post your photos in the gallery as well as here so they can be displayed on the Pinterest board which is here: https://www.pinterest.com/anne1464/knit-a-square-march-2015-rainbows-neons-and-kalaid/    Thanks Anne!

....and the album can be found here:   http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/march-2015-theme-rainbows-neons-and-kaleidoscopes

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sue Wakefield's 'Neon Variegated'....love how the yarn varies the pattern in just one square.

March Theme Neons and Kaleidoscopes

• 2886759971?profile=original

A few last squares for this month's theme, plus a couple of cuddly toys. I call the fuschia, orange and turquoise squares "Nicola squares", in honour of a friend who wears fun and cheerful colours. The rainbow variegated yarn below is actually fleece, cut into long strips; it makes a super-soft square! The neon green yarn has a reflective thread in it that glows in the dark. 

Elaine, what a joyful theme this has been. Knitting with brilliant colours has cheered me out of a long, dark winter. Thank you!!

2886760206?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Cath Riley has completed her second scrappy blanket in as many days.  Here are both of her beautiful blankets, you would never know they were made from leftovers !

Scrappy blanket#2  Scrappy blanket #1

• Melinda is loving her bright yarn !   Here is square # 7

29/3/15 March theme square number 7

• Beautiful squares from Noortje Pronk:

IMG_0413

• Just making it in under the wire ! Received a donation of mini-Granny squares [3 inches/6 cm]. I'm upsizing and these are the first 2. The red is a brilliant cherry red !

Thanks Elaine !   As Glo and Anne have mentioned it has also been the highlight of my day to view all the bright, cheery colours instead of the monochromatic white of the view from my window :-)

March Theme Brights

• Elaine, thank you so very much for leading us through this wonderfully vibrant and spirit-lifting theme.  From where I sit in Nova Scotia, it's been an unusually cold and colorless month.  The only color I've been able to enjoy in what seems like forever is when I turn on my computer and browse this discussion!!  It's saved my sanity a few times ... LOL

Here are my last two contributions for this month. I have really enjoyed watching the fabulous artistry appearing here from all of our terrific crafters.  This month has been absolutely brilliant!!!

Well done everyone!!!!!  xo

2965236758?profile=RESIZE_320x320

2965236834?profile=RESIZE_320x320

• I wanted to end this month's theme with some plain squares and couldn't resist these citrus colours:

2868368370?profile=original

• My rainbow squares ready to be packed up. Still using up old yarn, though wanting the squares to match more and more! 

2965237040?profile=original

• Juli, what a stunning rainbow blanket.  I love the way you have put it together.

This reply was deleted.