Square Circle Forum

If you wish to add a pattern for a square you have made, please insert it at the end of this discussion by using the "Repy to This" feature and please include a photo with the pattern.

We ask that you do not just include links to patterns online that you have not actually tried.

Please note:  some of the patterns below are older and do not include instructions for leaving tails.

Ronda has requested that we now leave a 50cm/20" tail for sewing squares together. Please butterfly the tail to the square.  Instructions for this and an illustration can be found at

http://www.knit-a-square.com/support-files/knitted-square-plain_jan...

Views: 14844

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank Monika....I've only used this pattern for a square so far but I think it would make a pretty hat too.  :))

Louise, thank you for posting this beautiful pattern and for showing us how to make it easier for stitching :) xo

Thanks Louise :)) Another one to the must try list  :))

These small holes should trap air rather than let it through and therefore the square ought to be fairly warm.  It's certainly a very pretty pattern.  Thanks for sharing it. I might get up courage to try it, you never know, lol. 

Thanks Jeanne.....:)))

Permalink Reply by Valerie Zalewski on February 15, 2018 at 5:38amDelete

Here's the pattern for the "2-LOOP" square. It's not a new stitch and there's probably a name for this pattern. However, I just call it the 2-loop square.

For those of you who are not expert crocheters, patterns don't get much easier than this and it's a nice way to discover new crochet textures, without too many tears.

Chain 32 (or chain number to give desired width according to the type of yarn and size hook); For the above blue squares I used a fairly thick yarn and 5mm hook. For the orange I used DK with a 4mm hook and 31 stitches. If chain is adjusted there must be an odd number of stitches. I also use DK yarn with a 3,5 mm hook and 41 stitches. This obviates the need for a border. The main thing is to play around with your yarn and do what you're most comfortable with.

Chain 32

Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch to end of row. (31) Ch 1 and turn.

Row 2:  sc in both loops of first stitch,sc in front loop of next sc, sc in back of next sc.Repeat sc in alternate front and back loops to end of row, ending on back loop.(31) ch 1 and turn.

Repeat row 2 until work measures required length. If too small, add sc or hdc edging around square until desired size.

Valerie, I just finished one of these.  What a lovely pattern ... very thick and warm ... and so easy to do.  Thank you for taking the time to write it up for us ... xo

Delete

Thanks fr the pattern, Valerie!  I have one on the hook now, and it's fun to do.

Delete

Isn't it just. I had totally forgotten about this pattern. I'm definitely going to use it a lot now. It'll give me a break from c2c.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS supplied blankets, hats, handwarmers and toys to over 5,500 children in 2017.  If Ronda’s wishes come true, in 2018 even more children will receive the gift of warmth and love from around the world.

See how you may help!

Crazy Cat 10 Year Anniversary Link

SQUARES LIST

The MARCH 2018 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

on the menu bar at the top of this  page.

HOW DO I?

Please click here

or

HAVE A QUESTION?      

Please click here

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service